>
    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31
  • Welcome To The Crossover Network

The Crossover Network is a forum dedicated primarily to Music and High Fidelity Music Reproduction.

The site is intended to provide members with a place to discuss Music, Hifi and other related (and unrelated) topics. We have very few rules; however, of the rules we do have, the main one is that of not posting anything offensive. This means (but is not limited to) Adult material, racist propaganda, Libel etc.
    Additionally, as we have a cross section of people who undertake DiY projects both HiFi and unrelated, we do not permit any discussion of subjects which involve encouraging interfering with Mains electricity safety devices - this means, in short, bypassing fuses in mains plugs.

The Ethos at The Crossover Network is quite simple. Hifi is for enjoyment It is a tool for listening to your favourite music, not a status symbol. What works for your ears is what is important. HiFi is a subjective and emotive issue. If you're happy with the sound of your own setup, don't feel put off because somebody else has a system that costs more than your car. Equally don't look down on somebody because they have a brand you don't like or rate.

For that reason, the Music section is before the HiFi section. We want to encourage talking about your latest music purchases, what artists and bands you've discovered, that sort of thing.

We have a small team of admin and moderators whose job primarily is to look after the smooth running of the forum. The Admin team can be identified by green usernames and the Moderators are orange.Very rarely do we have to lock threads or remove posting privilidges.

If this is your first visit, then please feel free to join up. It costs nothing to become a member and we won't sell your email address to anyone. In fact, there are benefits to becoming a member; First it allows you to post on the forum. secondly, some of our trade partners offer special deals to forum members from time to time.

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you on the forums

The Crossover Network
    Comments 7 Comments
      Newbie here.

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but here it is.

In another life I sold audio (about 25 years ago or so) and have written a few reviews for a couple of online equipment review 'zines.

I'm a Canuck so if my English isn't "Queen's proper", please forgive. I'm only 2nd generation Canuck (grandfathers: English and Irish: nans: both Scottish). I can follow along most English programming without having to seek some sort of interpreter, I just might not "get" some comments that are outside of normal conversations or a little more "slang". (As if "Canadian" English isn't "slang", although better than the language the Americans use

This is my first post here and am seeking information and community. Turntables are my passion, but I am somewhat limited by essentially zero funds. Over the years I have amassed a few tables and done a few projects. Nothing too "rocket science", but successful (at least to me) none-the-less. I've built my own tonearms, and a few pairs of loudspeakers (my designs or sometimes a version of someone elses'). I've had some sort of British kit for most of my audiophile life:
      • Audiolab 8000A,
      • Castle Acoustics Durham 900 speakers
      • Garrard changer(s)
      • Mission cabling
      • Musical Fidelity MC-2 loudspeakers
      I've also had a fair bit of time listening and working on the following:
      • Ariston RD11s
      • Heybrook TT2/Alphason Xenon arm (wish I still had that one)
      • Rega Mira and Planet cd player, Planar2, Planar3, RB300, RB250
      • Naim Nait 5, pre-amps, power amps, cd players
      • Kef, B&W loudspeakers (mostly the lower end)

Currently all I have in my system that is British :
      • SME 309 (magnesium version) tonearm
      • Castle Durham 900 speakers

So there you have it. I'll try not to post questions regarding stuff that may already have been discussed here, I'll actually search the forums before I post. I usually do not make any comments on much unless I have first-hand knowledge.

stew
      hi stew

some nice kit there m8
      welcome to the forum!!!

please please ask any questions ...the guys here love to have a debate

main section of the forum is here http://thecrossovernetwork.co.uk/forum/forum.php

best wishes of the season
      j7
      Welcome Stew

Post away, who cares if we've discussed it already, we don't have smart arses that police the forum and tell you to use search feature.
      Hi Stew welcome aboard mate
      I echo the above sentiments Stew. A hearty welcome to the forum. Get stuck in and enjoy mate.
      Hi all .Broke the wires on my RB 300 Rega arm and thought oh no ,Idiot ,What have you done! But panic not .
      Just send it to this Wee Fella called Johnnie7 or Audioorigami.He Is A BLummin Genius
      Not only did he repair the arm he did it at a very very reasonable price,Within a Wee Timescale and gave me a list of options and even tried to talk me into the Cheapest Option(who does that these days).He was easy to talk to,Very friendly and easily contactable for any questions or issues.
      My hat goes off to you sir !
      Cannot rate Highly Enough
      Oh here goes again...... top bloke is j7. Master arm fixer
  • Recent Posts Recent Posts

eddie spaghetti

I've got a couple of Isotek leads that i've had for years. They weren't that expensive and i don't think they make any difference but i've got them so

eddie spaghetti Today 14:23 Go to last post
    John R

There are far better places to spend your hard earned on than power cables Samz, the majority of which are just hi-fi foo.

John R Today 11:20 Go to last post
    John R

The final Sole VII we had in stock has now gone.

Only Sole version VIII will be available from now on. We now only have two VIII's left

John R Today 10:17 Go to last post
    jazzbass

Honestly naim , in fact all the bigger expensive name cable makers , they seem to have a magic disbelief power , and many spend plenty on leads , etc

jazzbass 14th August 2017 22:37 Go to last post
    samz

I have noticed that Naim are supplying their new Powerline Lite with all Classic Series, Intergrated Seperates and Unity ranges. But can be bought as

samz 14th August 2017 21:38 Go to last post
    jazzbass

I am with the prof, I am not really sure they make a easily heard difference, I have had some quiet good systems , not very very expensive, and a few

jazzbass 14th August 2017 20:47 Go to last post
    samz

I don't think so, the three point arm base sits on the height adjuster, and self tapping screws then go through the three point Rega arm base and through

samz 14th August 2017 20:35 Go to last post
    The Professor

It is fitted to subchassis, but removing baseplate allows you access to underneath and to bolts if fitted, doesn't the sole subchassis have tapped holes

The Professor 14th August 2017 18:08 Go to last post
    samz

I didn't think my LP12 armboard was fitted to the baseplate, it is fitted to the Sole Sub-chassis. Thank you for the link too.

samz 14th August 2017 17:50 Go to last post
    The Professor

http://www.michell-engineering.co.uk...-vta-adjuster/

Just get one of these

The Professor 13th August 2017 23:05 Go to last post
  • New Topics New Topics

samz

Power Cable Upgrades

Thread Starter: samz

Anyone had any success using third party power cables for their HiFi equipment. I see Naim have brought out the Powerline Lite which is

14th August 2017 21:38 by eddie spaghetti Go to last post
    samz

Rega Height Adjustment Spacer

Thread Starter: samz

Are there any fittings available that would make it easier for me to adjust the VTA on my AO Modified RB251 which is fitted to my LP12. I've swapped

14th August 2017 21:38 by samz Go to last post
    karma67

townshend excalibur

Thread Starter: karma67

i may be able to buy one for my rock,which currently has the alphason hr100 on it. im thinking better synergy perhaps? worth a punt?

13th August 2017 08:36 by karma67 Go to last post
  • Recent Blog Posts RecentBlogPost