>
    Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30
  • Welcome To The Crossover Network

The Crossover Network is a forum dedicated primarily to Music and High Fidelity Music Reproduction.

The site is intended to provide members with a place to discuss Music, Hifi and other related (and unrelated) topics. We have very few rules; however, of the rules we do have, the main one is that of not posting anything offensive. This means (but is not limited to) Adult material, racist propaganda, Libel etc.
    Additionally, as we have a cross section of people who undertake DiY projects both HiFi and unrelated, we do not permit any discussion of subjects which involve encouraging interfering with Mains electricity safety devices - this means, in short, bypassing fuses in mains plugs.

The Ethos at The Crossover Network is quite simple. Hifi is for enjoyment It is a tool for listening to your favourite music, not a status symbol. What works for your ears is what is important. HiFi is a subjective and emotive issue. If you're happy with the sound of your own setup, don't feel put off because somebody else has a system that costs more than your car. Equally don't look down on somebody because they have a brand you don't like or rate.

For that reason, the Music section is before the HiFi section. We want to encourage talking about your latest music purchases, what artists and bands you've discovered, that sort of thing.

We have a small team of admin and moderators whose job primarily is to look after the smooth running of the forum. The Admin team can be identified by green usernames and the Moderators are orange.Very rarely do we have to lock threads or remove posting privilidges.

If this is your first visit, then please feel free to join up. It costs nothing to become a member and we won't sell your email address to anyone. In fact, there are benefits to becoming a member; First it allows you to post on the forum. secondly, some of our trade partners offer special deals to forum members from time to time.

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you on the forums

The Crossover Network
    Comments 7 Comments
      Newbie here.

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but here it is.

In another life I sold audio (about 25 years ago or so) and have written a few reviews for a couple of online equipment review 'zines.

I'm a Canuck so if my English isn't "Queen's proper", please forgive. I'm only 2nd generation Canuck (grandfathers: English and Irish: nans: both Scottish). I can follow along most English programming without having to seek some sort of interpreter, I just might not "get" some comments that are outside of normal conversations or a little more "slang". (As if "Canadian" English isn't "slang", although better than the language the Americans use

This is my first post here and am seeking information and community. Turntables are my passion, but I am somewhat limited by essentially zero funds. Over the years I have amassed a few tables and done a few projects. Nothing too "rocket science", but successful (at least to me) none-the-less. I've built my own tonearms, and a few pairs of loudspeakers (my designs or sometimes a version of someone elses'). I've had some sort of British kit for most of my audiophile life:
      • Audiolab 8000A,
      • Castle Acoustics Durham 900 speakers
      • Garrard changer(s)
      • Mission cabling
      • Musical Fidelity MC-2 loudspeakers
      I've also had a fair bit of time listening and working on the following:
      • Ariston RD11s
      • Heybrook TT2/Alphason Xenon arm (wish I still had that one)
      • Rega Mira and Planet cd player, Planar2, Planar3, RB300, RB250
      • Naim Nait 5, pre-amps, power amps, cd players
      • Kef, B&W loudspeakers (mostly the lower end)

Currently all I have in my system that is British :
      • SME 309 (magnesium version) tonearm
      • Castle Durham 900 speakers

So there you have it. I'll try not to post questions regarding stuff that may already have been discussed here, I'll actually search the forums before I post. I usually do not make any comments on much unless I have first-hand knowledge.

stew
      hi stew

some nice kit there m8
      welcome to the forum!!!

please please ask any questions ...the guys here love to have a debate

main section of the forum is here http://thecrossovernetwork.co.uk/forum/forum.php

best wishes of the season
      j7
      Welcome Stew

Post away, who cares if we've discussed it already, we don't have smart arses that police the forum and tell you to use search feature.
      Hi Stew welcome aboard mate
      I echo the above sentiments Stew. A hearty welcome to the forum. Get stuck in and enjoy mate.
      Hi all .Broke the wires on my RB 300 Rega arm and thought oh no ,Idiot ,What have you done! But panic not .
      Just send it to this Wee Fella called Johnnie7 or Audioorigami.He Is A BLummin Genius
      Not only did he repair the arm he did it at a very very reasonable price,Within a Wee Timescale and gave me a list of options and even tried to talk me into the Cheapest Option(who does that these days).He was easy to talk to,Very friendly and easily contactable for any questions or issues.
      My hat goes off to you sir !
      Cannot rate Highly Enough
      Oh here goes again...... top bloke is j7. Master arm fixer
  • Recent Posts Recent Posts

karma67

cheers,i'll stick with the mcs then

karma67 Yesterday 12:50 Go to last post
    TIU

I noticed the metal grill over one of the SS-B2ED tweeters was dented so I prized it off and when cleaning around the very delicate carbon cover before

TIU 24th June 2017 23:14 Go to last post
    j7

it depends on the damage
    its best to buy a perfect working example....and not a faulty unit as the service costs will be very high

j7 24th June 2017 21:29 Go to last post
    karma67

can the zeta be serviced j7? new bearings etc

karma67 24th June 2017 18:25 Go to last post
    j7

both high quality units...very close call as to what is best

but certainly both are well respected in the industry

j7 24th June 2017 17:17 Go to last post
    WullieD20

Still got mine on a modified LP12 that my son now uses.

It has been a fantastic and reliable arm that was bought when it had a reputation

WullieD20 24th June 2017 15:38 Go to last post
    karma67

whats your thoughts gents?
    is it a sideways step from an alphason hr100 mcs?
    are they serviceable? ie bearings etc?

zeta tonearm

karma67 24th June 2017 13:58 Go to last post
    TIU

The cricket game is back on the google doodle. Can you beat my high score of 142?

TIU 24th June 2017 01:16 Go to last post
    TIU

lol.

TIU 23rd June 2017 16:31 Go to last post
    TIU

The Google Doodle is good today. Click on it and create something inspired by Oskar Fischinger.

TIU 22nd June 2017 12:12 Go to last post
  • New Topics New Topics

karma67

zeta tonearm

Thread Starter: karma67

whats your thoughts gents? is it a sideways step from an alphason hr100 mcs? are they serviceable? ie bearings etc?

Yesterday 12:50 by karma67 Go to last post
  • Recent Blog Posts RecentBlogPost