11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30
  • Music

by Published on 26th May 2010 01:05
    Categories:
    1. Music

Week 1

Well, I'm jumping back in with another list, and this could be the best I've found since the '50 Most Influential' that I started about 5 years ago and faithfully posted about each ...

• Recent Posts Recent Posts

ESK

Actually, perhaps its not that passives suck the life out of music. After all they're "passive" and therefore should have little or no affect.

ESK Today 11:11 Go to last post
    ESK

I concur with passives sucking the life out of music.

A few years ago I had a similar search for a new pre. Tried loads of options but ended

ESK Today 07:23 Go to last post
    uzzy

This looks rather nice http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audio-Rese...0AAOSw~e5ZR~6Y

uzzy Yesterday 12:01 Go to last post
    uzzy

I would hold judgement until you heard the Cary retubed and or rebiased. However, having said that my SP9 albeit a hybrid did not show any changes in

uzzy Yesterday 11:36 Go to last post
    ahabec

It was a brief demo of records. A/B'd three or four songs.

The tubes on the Cary have never been changed and it has been on for a decade,

ahabec Yesterday 01:30 Go to last post
    uzzy

I was looking for an SP8 when I ended up buying the SP9 - the SP8 is full tube and the SP9 is a hybrid .. but neither sound "tubey" they are

uzzy Yesterday 01:21 Go to last post
    ahabec

This may be the most viable option. Reflecting on my experience with the Cary, it added a lot that the NVA lacked, but it very very obviously added coloration

ahabec Yesterday 00:49 Go to last post
    uzzy

I am not surprised - there is a certain something missing with every passive pre I have tried .. it is as though the life is sucked out of the music ..

uzzy Yesterday 00:35 Go to last post
    ahabec

I have been reading a lot on the Tortuga Audio product. There's also a cheaper kit form of it.

But I'll look also for TVCs.

ahabec Yesterday 00:10 Go to last post
    Cable Monkey

A trade off between the separation of a resistor passive and the body of an active pre is a transformer volume control. I use one with my Hypex NC400's

Cable Monkey 27th June 2017 23:56 Go to last post
  • New Topics New Topics

karma67

zeta tonearm

Thread Starter: karma67

whats your thoughts gents? is it a sideways step from an alphason hr100 mcs? are they serviceable? ie bearings etc?

25th June 2017 12:50 by karma67 Go to last post
  • Recent Blog Posts RecentBlogPost