Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28
  • 25 best live records of all time

Week 1

Well, I'm jumping back in with another list, and this could be the best I've found since the '50 Most Influential' that I started about 5 years ago and faithfully posted about each week until all 50 had been mentioned. It created a fair amount of interest and debate, this will last half that time, but I hope it helps to create a little excitement...well, let's say interest...around here. Here goes nothing...

25 The Allman Brothers Band - At the Fillmore East - haven’t had your fill of “Whipping Post,” you didn’t grow up on FM Radio. Southern Rock never quite reached its potential--unless you consider Molly Hatchet transcendent--but its roots were sharp and shaggy. Had Duane Allman lived, would he have had the power to re-route its course? As the mystics say, who knows?

This remains one of my personal favourites; Hot 'Lanta, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed...great stuff all. What say you?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: 25 best live records of all time started by nobody View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      Hi Bernd

How are you?
      Hi Bernd. how you doing m8?
      Sorry guys, that was me trying out something - I wanted to promote a thread to an article, and picked Bernd's 25 Live Albums one.
      Apologies for the confusion
  • Recent Posts Recent Posts

Audio-philia

These speakers are now sold, thanks for looking.

Sold, thanks for looking.

Audio-philia Yesterday 17:30 Go to last post
    TIU

I'm in love with this album.

TIU 22nd February 2018 00:06 Go to last post
    The Professor

I did think that, perhaps a new armbaord might be an easier solution if the deck is suitable.

The Professor 21st February 2018 23:26 Go to last post
    John R

Due to a screw up by our machinist we have 10 Sole VII's available at £585 and 10 Sole VIII available at £800, both plus P&P.

Sole VII and Sole VIII now available

John R 21st February 2018 20:06 Go to last post
    j7

what deck is it that you have now thats got the rega arm board fitting?

ill keep my ears open for a pu7 customer that wants to go from rega

j7 21st February 2018 09:36 Go to last post
    Royville357

Okay, - thanks for that.

Regards
    Roy.

Royville357 21st February 2018 08:55 Go to last post
    cat's squirrel

yes, same amps, Prof, the Sonata's xover is just one choke for the bass/mid range, and a cap (and resistor) for the treble region. Don't know anything

cat's squirrel 20th February 2018 23:24 Go to last post
    The Professor

Assuming you are using the same amps with both sets of speakers then the only things I can think of is crossovers, or perhaps the JPW’s are a very

The Professor 20th February 2018 21:57 Go to last post
    cat's squirrel

my system, at present, includes two stereo integrated amplifiers, which have been chosen partly from a sonic and partly ergonomic considerations. Each

equipment left on...

cat's squirrel 20th February 2018 15:37 Go to last post
    The Professor

You’ll have a Linn one then, John only built the one I suggested at customer request, i thought you might have picked it up pre owned.

The Professor 20th February 2018 09:03 Go to last post
  • New Topics New Topics

John R

Sole VII and Sole VIII now available

Thread Starter: John R

Due to a screw up by our machinist we have 10 Sole VII's available at £585 and 10 Sole VIII available at £800, both plus P&P.

21st February 2018 20:06 by John R Go to last post
    cat's squirrel

equipment left on...

Thread Starter: cat's squirrel

my system, at present, includes two stereo integrated amplifiers, which have been chosen partly from a sonic and partly ergonomic considerations. Each

20th February 2018 23:24 by cat's squirrel Go to last post
    Royville357

Convert PU7 Linn mount to Rega mount ?

Thread Starter: Royville357

Hi, Can you tell me please is it possible to convert a Linn Mount PU7 to a rega one. Do I just need to purchase a rega mount for

21st February 2018 08:55 by The Professor Go to last post
    SME V

SME V (D)

Thread Starter: SME V

From Oct 2016 in mint cond incl all and box. £ 2300 incl shipping [O/] Lennart/LinnArts

18th February 2018 15:08 by SME V Go to last post
    SME V

Dynavector DRT XV 1 S

Thread Starter: SME V

Demo and used on my SME V (D) about a year in wery nice cond. £2300 incl shipping [O/] Lennart/LinnArts

18th February 2018 15:08 by SME V Go to last post
  • Recent Blog Posts RecentBlogPost