+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ryan Bingham

Post imported post

Been listening to this lad for a bit now. Think it probably fits well into the Americana bracket.

Theres a couple of songs on MySpace - not my top choices but it gives you an idea of what he's about.

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbingham

Post imported post

The album had a cracking review on Hifi plush t'other day so its not just me..

At least I think its not just me.

clicky

I bought this album based on a recommenation from amazon. I found it disconcerting on first listen. A third listen started to pique my interest. But I haven't got around to listening some more. I just reactivated my vinyl listening, and this I only have on CD.

Peter

Default Stagnant Thread......

.....of great music. This will not do. I think Mr Bingham deserves another mention. This album is no easy country/americana listen. It makes demands on the listener but is very rewarding if you give it time. It also comes in a beautiful packaged heavy weight double vinyl album with great sound quality. Not your run of the mill stuff for sure. Almost like an alternative John Prine. I like it very muchly.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

I borrowed this today, will give it time ....
    I'm a fucking wanker

So many records, so little time
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    I borrowed this today, will give it time ....
    Give it time. In the meantime try this one.....a damn fine record...
    Attached Images
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Thanks to Mark for sending me the first Bingham CD many moons ago... its a truely fantastic CD, on the strength of "Mescalito" I went and Bought the 2nd ........WOA what a dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Thanks to Mark for sending me the first Bingham CD many moons ago... its a truely fantastic CD, on the strength of "Mescalito" I went and Bought the 2nd ........WOA what a dissapointment
    I am surprised. I like it, it's very different from Mescalito, more of a Band offering.

Bernd ,Maybe I dissmissed it too quickly .........need to give it a few more goes

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Bernd ,Maybe I dissmissed it too quickly .........need to give it a few more goes
    Maybe. Some grow some don't, some hit home right of the bat, some never. This is a grower, maybe not as atmospheric as Mescalito, but the songs are stronger I feel. Good to have you back Woody.

Haven't got round to listening to No2 yet. Been on my list for a while but was put off by a couple of reviews.

Think I'll add it to my 'payday pile' along with Levon Helm, The Weaping Meadow and a couple of others.

+ Reply to Thread