+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Forum Issues

Default New Forum Issues

How do I reset my avatar pic? I've set up a profile pic but that doesn't appear in my posts.

Go to user cp (top left hand) and click on edit avatar then you should be able to reload your avatar.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Hi Umberto, nope, all I see is Edit Your Details and Edit Profile Picture. The profile picture only appears in my profile. I've now tried Safari and the latest Firefox 3.0.

Probably a glitch in the software. I'll get on to admin.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

profile pic is a profile pic, this is different from your avatar, to select your avatar got to User CP look for Edit Avatar on the left hand side, click this link and choose option 2 Browse form your computer, by default the Avatar size is set to 80x80 pixels and 19.5kb in size which is smaller than we had set before, we may look at changing it, but tbh the smaller the better in terms of loading speed.

if you are having problems with it Gary, post your avatar here and i'll resize it for you.

Paul, the Edit Avatar option just isn't there to select. I can resize pics myself as I have Photoshop. Point taken about the smaller size.
    Last edited by TIU; 22nd June 2008 at 12:58.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Paul, the Edit Avatar option just isn't there to select. I can resize pics myself as I have Photoshop. Point taken about the smaller size.
    is it not under user cp on left hand side

Last edited by The Professor; 22nd June 2008 at 13:10. Reason: uploading picture

yeah....its the same for me Paul.....the option of edit avitar isn't there

Gary if your'e not seeing that let me know and myself or Kenny will sort it

ok noted guys, let us have a look, and try and get something sorted

right seems it was switched off, try it now peeps, i don't think it will resize your pic, you may have to do that in photoshop, or post it here and i'll do it for you, but it should be enabled now

P

nice one Paul....but there's no hurry...theres a GP on at the mo

THis is what I see in the left-hand column Paul. The option for avatars seems to be available for admin only.
    Attached Images

OK Paul...the edit avitar button is there now...I'll go and see if it works

can u see my avitat!!!!

OK now Paul thanks, I was too long doing a screen selection grab which would only save as a tiff so I had to open it in Photoshop to save as a jpeg.

I don't mean to cause you too many teething problems but why did my attachment load as a thumbnail? Do you have to go to 'Additional Options' and 'Attach Files - Manage Attachments' in order to upload a pic?

WHOOOHOOOO........... its working now, cheers and enjoy new speaks
    they are very nice....they look the mutz nutz

OK now Paul thanks, I was too long doing a screen selection grab which would only save as a tiff so I had to open it in Photoshop to save as a jpeg.

I don't mean to cause you too many teething problems but why did my attachment load as a thumbnail? Do you have to go to 'Additional Options' and 'Attach Files - Manage Attachments' in order to upload a pic?
    Short answer is I dunno!!!!

no worries about mentioning problems, we need your feedback for things like this, the software is VERY powerful, with many bells and whistles, think of wowbb as a ford Ka, well this is an all siging all dancing German Luxo Barge in comparison, we will be looking at attachemnts and file sizes over the next few days, we'll also be looking at altering permissions etc for sslected groups, so please add your feedback here, i'll make it a sticky.

mine too was saved as a tiff, and at the moment Jpegs can pnly be around 50kb, so i assume thats why it was saved as an atachement, i saved my tiff as a jpeg and uploaded to photobucket, and pasted IMG tags thats why mine is showing full size, I think!!!!

right I have taped the GP so just off to start watching it, be back in around 2 1/2 hours

I'll see what else I can find.
    Last edited by TIU; 22nd June 2008 at 14:13.

+ Reply to Thread