+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: F1

Default F1

Just a wee reminder, F1's back after a 3 week break with the new street circuit in Valencia....should be a stormer, a new circuit is a great leveller for all the drivers.....Hamilton should be quick, he loves street circuits...
    Hope they've welded the drain covers down..
    scott

Good. I'm getting a bit fed up with the Olympics.

We're down to the BMX and swimming really far for hours on end.

Bloody football too! Now if ever there was a 'sport' (pfff!) that shouldn't be in the Olympics. The players don't exactly live by the principles do they.

Rant over.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

I've been right into the olympics this year...but it is starting to drag abit.....as for football in the olympics well, I just dont watch it, holds no credibility as far as footballs concerned...cant be doing with the horsey shit either....the ping pongs been pretty good, and the diving and I strangly enjoyed the archery and shooting.....sad

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    Good. I'm getting a bit fed up with the Olympics.

We're down to the BMX and swimming really far for hours on end.

Bloody football too! Now if ever there was a 'sport' (pfff!) that shouldn't be in the Olympics. The players don't exactly live by the principles do they.

Rant over.
    I haven't watched much of the Olympics, but I agree re football in general, i fucking hate it period, if ever there was a game that promotes all the wormg values, uncontrolled aggression, disrespect, and mob rule, it's disgusting behaviour for the most part.

Looking for ward to Sat Sun for Valencia though, interesting year so far.

Blog Entries

should be a great race

title battle is very tight...presure is on the drivers im sure

should be fun
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Blog Entries

got me slippers on...should be a great race today
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Will be watching with interest.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

i'm working today so will watch GP when i get home tonight, all I've got to do now is avoid the result until then.
    Watched Qually last night and was well impressed with the new circuit....its a cracker...I think its gonna be carnage at the start and the safety cars gonna be out alot cos of the lack of run off or gravel traps.
    scott

Ferrari international assitance strikes again.

The pitlane rules say if a car is realesed into the path of an oncoming car then the driver will be penalised, this has normally been with a drive through penalty, unless it was within 5 laps of the end, after which a 25 second penalty would ensue, yet again one rule for one and another for the red team, whats more gauling is massa shows no remorse and blames sutil, there are no blue flags in the pitlane, unsafe driving is unsafe, Lewis and Rosberg got grid place penalties in canada, massa gets fined the equivelant of a tenner.

I love F1, always have, but i've had it with them now, it's corrupt, and it's disgusting, i'll spend the race weekends with my family from now on

Paul (Ex F1 fan)

I got bored after lap 8. I listened to ELP instead. The i went out and hoovered my car and came in with 4 laps remaining. Not much had changed. They better do something about the circuit next year because overtaking was virtually impossible.

Its all politics with F1 now. Politics and money. Ferrari have the biggest pot so they will inevitably get a few decisions going there way. Pity that talent, even when its as obvious as that of Hamiltons, is not allowed to shine through.

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    I got bored after lap 8. I listened to ELP instead. The i went out and hoovered my car and came in with 4 laps remaining. Not much had changed. They better do something about the circuit next year because overtaking was virtually impossible.

Its all politics with F1 now. Politics and money. Ferrari have the biggest pot so they will inevitably get a few decisions going there way. Pity that talent, even when its as obvious as that of Hamiltons, is not allowed to shine through.
    Massa raced out of his skin today, and i have nothing but praise for his drive, but rules are rules, and they need to be applied consitently, IMHO today they weren't, there where a couple of similar incidents in the GP2 support race today, and they all resulted in drive through penalties, yet a red car does the same, the driver and the team blame Sutil (WTF?) show no remorse and get away with it, disgusting, sai onara F1

Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Massa raced out of his skin today, and i have nothing but praise for his drive, but rules are rules, and they need to be applied consitently, IMHO today they weren't, there where a couple of similar incidents in the GP2 support race today, and they all resulted in drive through penalties, yet a red car does the same, the driver and the team blame Sutil (WTF?) show no remorse and get away with it, disgusting, sai onara F1
    Agree with you that Massa raced well. But like i said, the invisible hand of dirty dealing can prevail when big money is at stake. Makes it harder for the real talent to win. I hope Massa isn't gonna be another shumacher and rely on dodgy decisions to win him races. Massa seems like a nice guy. There's no doub' that in a good car, he can win races. Ferrari is the problem. Its whole philosophy is to win by whatever means they can get away with, short of eliminating all the other drivers. To me , its philosophy stinks. Like many big money sports, talent is not always the deciding factor. I dont like it. Thats why i dont watch much football and F1 is rapidly becoming less interesting day by day.

only just watched GP last night after work. Couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing. I've read the other comments and couldn't agree more, any other car on the grid would have received a drive through penalty, except Ferrari. How can Messa blame Sutil, the guys on another planet. And what kind of punishment is 10K Euros to a team that budgets Circa £600 million for a season. The FIA need to take a long hard look at themselves, their rules aren't worth the paper their written on.
    I liked the flippant remark made by Messa's mechanic when asked about the incident, "I'm not going to comment on something as silly as that". c'mon FFS, its a safety issue.
    Did anyone notice the FIA changed the grid slots on Sunday morning so Messa got the clean line at the start. Originally the pole position was going to be on the dirty side of the track so the guy who quallied second, fourth and so on were on the clean side. Now, I'm only guessing, but if Hamilton had qualified on pole there's no way the FIA would have changed the grid positions.There are a few tracks during the season that pole position finds itself on the dirty side but not once, never, have the FIA taking the decision to changed the slots, very strange indeed. And who's to say that Hamilton didn't delibrately qualify second so to take advantage of the clean side of the track. Ferrari should go into to business making frying pans.....the non stick variety. Same old Italians....always cheating
    No offence Eddie
    scott

PS. Paul I got your PM...I'm at work just now but will PM you tonight, cheers

Phew...bloody 'ell. What a grand prix. Spa always brings up some surprises but this one was a cracker. Hamilton played a blinder towards the end of the race. Reckon he's gonna win the championship. Raikonnen the car breaker lived up to his name. Massa tried his best. payback for the last grand prix.

Tuned in for the last 15 laps it was a thriller.

Maybe they should wet the track for all races.

There was proper racing.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=43853

Paul ex F1 fan (at least while FIA are still in charge)

How can he have gianed an advantage he was 4mph slower at the line, and nothing was said of KR's weaving either, bloody farce. Next sunday is Singapoer night race, anyone fancy a bae off, coz i for one will not be watching it, just wasted 3 bloody hours watching what i thought was a fair motor race, bloody farce.

Just got in from being out for my dinner and heard the news....
    Can't believe it again....FFS what has MaClaren to do....Kimi tried to punt Lewis off in turn 15 and had to yield to Kimi and take to the escape raod...he had no option...Lewis gained an advantage and let Kimi back in the lead only to whip him into the next corner....
    I'm fucking furious...its so fucking obvious there is cheating and underhand tatics going on with Ferrari and the FIA and they dont even try to hide it.
    Kovalinen even got a penalty for what looked like to me to be a racing incident.
    Its no wonder peeps scoff at F1 when you've got a situation where a driver tries to pass and get a penalty for swapping some paint. Every race you see that kind of incident, usually involving Coulthard, but rarely is a penalty dished out but as soon as a Mac tries it he's punished.
    I dont how Ron Dennis can put up with it, the guys a saint and obviously tolerates the blatant cheating by Ferrari and the FIA for his love for the sport.
    Big up Ron and Lewis and fuck the cheating bastards...I'm furious.
    scott

Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=43853

Paul ex F1 fan (at least while FIA are still in charge)

How can he have gianed an advantage he was 4mph slower at the line, and nothing was said of KR's weaving either, bloody farce. Next sunday is Singapoer night race, anyone fancy a bae off, coz i for one will not be watching it, just wasted 3 bloody hours watching what i thought was a fair motor race, bloody farce.
    WHAT!!!!!! ??????

i saw nothing unfair in what hamilton did. Well looks like i wont be watching F1 again until ferrari get a kick up the arse. Ferrari international assistance comes to the rescue again. Why dont they just give the fucking championship to Massa, save a lot of money and hasle.

fucking joke. I guess thats what big money "sport" is all about now. Politics rule. sport takes a backseat.

this guys bang on

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,1895...114467,00.html

most fora are up in arms, the odd one claiming it was fair

Last time Massa was deemed to be guilty, and they had 3 choices of pubishment, so they made up a 4th one and fined him the equiveleent of a fiver. This penalty was not in the rule books

Now they punish Hamilton for nothing, Ferrari never complained, TBH i reckon it's a fix, that Bastard Mosely, his father was a Nazi and so is he, the man's poison, I'll start watching F1 again when he goes, and not before.

Just had a word with my bro whos a bigger F! fan than me. Apparently the problem was that although hamilton gave the place back to Kimi, he effectively forced him onto the dirty side of the track and remained in his slipstream which meant that it was almiost a foregone conlusion that hamilton was gonna overtake raikonnen. So the problem was that hamilton should have been a bit more forceful in giving back the place. If he had overtook hiim on the next corner he would probably have got away with it.

make of that what you will,

+ Reply to Thread