+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 938

Thread: F1

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,923
    Rep Power
    209996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Well Done SV, had a tear in my eye for him and his team today.

    Stunning driving by Hamilton, if it had rained again he would have won, poor show though Lewis, he could have been more gracious of Vettels stunning win, 2 future champions, the rest are just making up the numbers.
    Amazing drive by Vettel. The guy was very emotional understandibly (and so was i ). Didint see hamiltons interview but i still think although hes a great talent on the road, hes a bit of an arrogant robot off it. Apparently Vettel could show a lot of the drivers a thing or two about how to conduct themselves off the track aswell.

    Good race overall with a lot of passing. Hopefully the stewards wont interfere this time. Looked to be pretty fair (apart from when Hamilton went wheel to wheel with Webber...even Martin Brundle had something to say about that).
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

    From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    not far (enough) from Glasgow
    Posts
    5,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    615848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Well Done SV, had a tear in my eye for him and his team today.

    Stunning driving by Hamilton, if it had rained again he would have won, poor show though Lewis, he could have been more gracious of Vettels stunning win, 2 future champions, the rest are just making up the numbers.

    so much for never watching F1 again

    how many of you sad sacks watched it? I spent the time washing my hai, er car alloys look spotless
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    glasgow, ,
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    338996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    I spent the time washing my hai, er car alloys look spotless
    That's what i did anaw except i ended up having a fight with the station attendant (asda),after foaming my car there was no increase in jat wash power from the lance,walk into the kiosk and reported the fault,all i got was "what fault?" kinda response from the daft lassie's and them saying it's been serviced and i was the only one moaning about it,i said well your wash is not working right so you better put a sign up to stop people getting ripped off.

    Got back in my car ready to reverse back out when i thought fuck letting then get away with it,marched in again and demand my £1.70 back,excuse was manager was not present and i was go to customer service inside the store,quick thinking me was on the ball and ask for a duplicate receipt cause they'll do nothing if i walked in empty handed,drove across the carpark and into customer service where manager was waiting,as soon as i opened my mouth i got the exact story from her (apparently they had phoned over) and a explaination they don't normally do refunds for car wash tokens,she instructed the girl behind the counter to give me it then take it out the petty cash box.

    Went through a lot of trouble i know but it's the principle of it.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    40382553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    so much for never watching F1 again

    how many of you sad sacks watched it? I spent the time washing my hai, er car alloys look spotless
    wasn't doing anything else, weather shit family doing "girly" things, besides washing the car is housework, whose the sad sack now?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,150
    Rep Power
    139874

    Smile good on you

    Quote Originally Posted by weecrackpot View Post
    That's what i did anaw except i ended up having a fight with the station attendant (asda),after foaming my car there was no increase in jat wash power from the lance,walk into the kiosk and reported the fault,all i got was "what fault?" kinda response from the daft lassie's and them saying it's been serviced and i was the only one moaning about it,i said well your wash is not working right so you better put a sign up to stop people getting ripped off.

    Got back in my car ready to reverse back out when i thought fuck letting then get away with it,marched in again and demand my £1.70 back,excuse was manager was not present and i was go to customer service inside the store,quick thinking me was on the ball and ask for a duplicate receipt cause they'll do nothing if i walked in empty handed,drove across the carpark and into customer service where manager was waiting,as soon as i opened my mouth i got the exact story from her (apparently they had phoned over) and a explaination they don't normally do refunds for car wash tokens,she instructed the girl behind the counter to give me it then take it out the petty cash box.

    Went through a lot of trouble i know but it's the principle of it.
    i know it takes a lot of effort but good on you , obviously not really the dippy assistants fault those buggers in management possitions are mostly piss poor , i knnow there are exceptions etc , but these big companies with the exception of most marks and sparks are total pirates and dont i feel really give a shit about real customer care , i always hope they do ,
    so good on you i am dam shure in the states they would not give that service ,

    lets start a pertition for great service against crappy service .

    whoops rant mode,

    jesus even the police can be piss poor , i recently reported a incident to the plods and asked if it was important etc and could it wait , ???>?

    i of course love giving up my time waiting in ques etc , as it was it was to report a very dangerous bus driving hittin a SMALL ISLAND LOTS verring over the road etc , gave the details and got plods name i hope nothing happened to the bus passengers , the plods not at all it seemed into chasing it up , caouldnt be bothered it seemed to find bus station number ??? do you have the station number sir ??? was it on the bus ?? etc. fooking crazy .

    i left the buggers to it ,
    jb

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    glasgow, ,
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    338996

    Default

    Thanks jazz,i was being as calm as poss but i nearly did a Falling Down moment (Michael Douglas) when she ask me if i was using it right and i didn't squeeze and let go continously,if i had did that the pressure won't build up enough,what did she think i was doing,pulling my wire or something !!! gen up,thats exactly what she said and i gave her a glaikit look.

    Ah well,tomorrow's another day.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    scotland, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,828
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    351399

    Default

    im biteing me nails now
    only 1 point in the championship

    could not be closer


    presure must be getting to both hamiton and massa now

    should be a intensing last few races esp with the night race next
    Last edited by j7; 15th September 2008 at 00:59.
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

    And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

    http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

  8. #48

    Default

    Only got to watch GP last night cos of work yesterday. Didnt think I'd be able to stay awake but how wrong was I, eyes on stalks.
    Great race and a great winner, I was surprised that Vettle had the metal to go on and win. I thought his pole was more luck with the conditions than anything else but his drive was first class.
    What bugged me was what those moron stewards from last week have reduced GP to. Cant remember how many passes I saw that I thought were legitimate, firm but fair only for the aggressor to give the place back in case of incuring the wrath of the stewards. The whole racing world is watching GP at the moment and the stewards know it so have to be seen to be fair and consistant. That decision last week has ruined GP.
    I thought Hammy put in a great drive and at one point looked like a contender. I got the feeling Lewis was goading the stewards with some of his super aggressive moves. As if to say "go on, give me a penalty, I dare you". His driving yesterday reminded me of Schumacher when he was at his very best.
    And who's the donk that washed their car instead, except ended up getting wound up by the till girl......you should have used the steam coming out of you ears to finish cleaning your car....would have come up braw.....
    gotta go Nespa pro just hit my doorstep
    scott

  9. #49

    Default

    GP at night is shite.....cant see a bloody thing, had to turn up the brightness on my telly!

  10. #50
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,923
    Rep Power
    209996

    Default

    Ferrari fcuk it up. Ok not Massas fault but he did get a drive through penalty. Car breaker Raikonnen lives up to his name.

    Superb drive by Rosberg. Well deserved second place. Well done Alonso.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

    From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

  11. #51

    Default

    Whoooohoooo.
    As far as I'm concerned Ferrari only got what they deserved today, couldn't have happened to a better team.
    It's still a con though. Why was Messa's dangerous pit release punished with a drive through today but 5 weeks ago Ferrari were fined a fiver for an almost indentical incident. If Massa had been leading today there's no way he would have got a drive through, no way.
    Great race but you've got to ask questions of Kovallinen. Where was he?
    scott

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    glasgow, ,
    Posts
    1,585
    Rep Power
    338996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    GP at night is shite.....cant see a bloody thing, had to turn up the brightness on my telly!
    1800 industrial grade light bulbs sucking 2000w each,all that to make it bright as driving in day time,makes you laugh,i mean getting paid millions and can't drive in the dark,if it's up to me i'd throw them all a set of Xenon headlights and let them shove it where it shines the brightest.

  13. #53

    Default

    Next season we will have the Beeb covering all the action. I cant wait to see the back of ITV's coverage.
    On average ITV show 15 mins of adverts per race. Thats 5 breaks each race, each break being approximately 2 3/4 - 3 minutes long. I would say 15 minutes is a generous estimate because more often then not its 6 advert breaks a race.
    This year comprises of 18 races, which is quite a busy year, but this year alone has seen a whopping 270 minutes of race action lost to adverts. If you consider a race lasts approximately 1 hour 45 mins thats near enough 2 1/2 full races a year, gone to adverts. It's disgraceful.
    This is the 12th year ITV has covered F1 since the BBC lost exclusive rights so by my calculation that equates to 30 full races blown away by adverts in 12 years.....mind boggling. Make your own mind up about my figures but even if you say I'm 20% out that still works out as 24 races.

    As I said earlier I cant wait for the beebs coverage to start.....I wonder if they'll bring back The Chain?
    Hope Martin Brundle signs to the beeb,
    James Allen?...well, he can go hang.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,923
    Rep Power
    209996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    Next season we will have the Beeb covering all the action. I cant wait to see the back of ITV's coverage.
    On average ITV show 15 mins of adverts per race. Thats 5 breaks each race, each break being approximately 2 3/4 - 3 minutes long. I would say 15 minutes is a generous estimate because more often then not its 6 advert breaks a race.
    This year comprises of 18 races, which is quite a busy year, but this year alone has seen a whopping 270 minutes of race action lost to adverts. If you consider a race lasts approximately 1 hour 45 mins thats near enough 2 1/2 full races a year, gone to adverts. It's disgraceful.
    This is the 12th year ITV has covered F1 since the BBC lost exclusive rights so by my calculation that equates to 30 full races blown away by adverts in 12 years.....mind boggling. Make your own mind up about my figures but even if you say I'm 20% out that still works out as 24 races.

    As I said earlier I cant wait for the beebs coverage to start.....I wonder if they'll bring back The Chain?
    Hope Martin Brundle signs to the beeb,
    James Allen?...well, he can go hang.
    I hope they bring back the Chain aswell. Rumour also has it that David Coulthard will be signing up with the Beeb. So if they had Martin Brundle as the main commentator and Coulthard as the back up.....fab.

    No ad breaks and back to slick tyres.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

    From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    I hope they bring back the Chain aswell. Rumour also has it that David Coulthard will be signing up with the Beeb. So if they had Martin Brundle as the main commentator and Coulthard as the back up.....fab.

    No ad breaks and back to slick tyres.
    That would make a good comentary team....I'd be happy with that.
    The FIA are taking some aero of the cars aswell to encourage overtaking.
    We should see plenty battles next year with less aero grip and more mechanical grip with the slicks.
    scott

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , , Botswana
    Posts
    1,325
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Missed it today due to family stuff .... but watching the highlights, best grand prix I've watched in years. Some real racing as opposed to the usual procession stuff and looked great in the floodlights. Seemed to even things up and give the drivers a chance to show their metal. Think I'll suggest to Bernie they try Burntisland High Street, they might even beat the polis and fire engines:-)))))
    I'm a fucking wanker

  17. #57
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,923
    Rep Power
    209996

    Default

    I haven't seen the whole race yet but i know the result. If anyone hasn't seen it, i won't spoil it for you
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

    From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    40382553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    I haven't seen the whole race yet but i know the result. If anyone hasn't seen it, i won't spoil it for you
    shocking, Massa hits two people and blames them, guys a liability, and yet again the resutl goes in his favour, poor Bourdais, WTF did he do worng, massa runs into him and Bourdais gets the penalty maFIA at work yet again.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    40382553

    Default

    Hamilton clearly runs Raikkonen off the track as this picture shows <sarcasm mode off>
    Attached Images

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    40382553

    Default

    oh and of course poor Bourdais is clealry in the wrong.

    Rule 1 never try and pass the red cars, the red cars must allways win

    Rule 2 if you find yourself in fornt of a red car refer to rule 1

    Rule 3 if a red car runs into you, and rules 2 and 1 can't be adhered to expect to receive a 25 second penalty especially if it helps the red car in the championship fight.

    whole things sucks

    what makes it worse, Massa hits both Hamilton and Bourdais and has the audacity to blame them for it, i'm baffled to be honest, it's like a player on the foootball park getting a hand ball and blaming the guy who kicked it.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts