+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Laura - Radio Swan Is Down

Default Laura - Radio Swan Is Down

Fame at last and my own padded room. Whatever next? When the Prof. asked me if I fancied this I felt quite humble to be asked and had it all planned out. What will be the first disc. etc. Well it all went to pot as I decided to just pull one of the rack and I reckon we struck lucky.
    So here we go:

Laura - Radio Swan Is Down

Intense, dramatic, and moody doesn’t begin to describe this disc. The 2006 release from Laura, a 6-piece post-rock combo from Melbourne, Australia invites you to marvel at their ability to incorporate such a wide variety of sounds, textures and emotions into a single album, while keeping it cohesive, is matched by very few bands. Radio Swan Is Down is unique, in that every song is very different from the one before it, yet the songs seamlessly blend together to create a whole. In this way, it is entirely possible to listen to the album many times and still not grasp everything that is happening in the songs. A very rewarding listen.

Attached Images
    Attached Images
    Last edited by nobody; 3rd September 2008 at 18:20.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Fame at last and my own padded room. Whatever next? When the Prof. asked me if I fancied this I felt quite humble to be asked and had it all planned out. What will be the first disc. etc. Well it all went to pot as I decided to just pull one of the rack and I reckon we struck lucky.
    So here we go:

Laura - Radio Swan Is Down

Intense, dramatic, and moody doesn’t begin to describe this disc. The 2006 release from Laura, a 6-piece post-rock combo from Melbourne, Australia invites you to marvel at their ability to incorporate such a wide variety of sounds, textures and emotions into a single album, while keeping it cohesive, is matched by very few bands. Radio Swan Is Down is unique, in that every song is very different from the one before it, yet the songs seamlessly blend together to create a whole. In this way, it is entirely possible to listen to the album many times and still not grasp everything that is happening in the songs. A very rewarding listen.

Attached Images
    sounds promising, i like albums where every track is very different, gonna google this tomorrow

Watch out for "Laura" the postie.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Watch out for "Laura" the postie.
    wow, many thanks

Gave this a soin today, really dark and mellow, one for those long winter nights i reckon, top stuff.

+ Reply to Thread