+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kenny Wayne Sheperd - 10 Days Out

Default Kenny Wayne Sheperd - 10 Days Out

Here is one for all you Blues Cats out there. In July of ‘04 KWS hit the road, criss-crossing the southern states, 10 destinations in 10 days. Jamming with blues legends all the way. From the moment Prison Blues starts you know they caught lightning in a bottle. Even though this is technically a Kenny Wayne Shepherd release, the real stars are the ageing musicians whose chops are still sharper than most rock kids out there. One of the highlights (there are TONS) of the release is when Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown plays his fiddle like it is a lead blues guitar in Born In Louisiana. I have never heard anything like that in my life.

I seriously can not recommend this enough to anyone who is a fan of blues music. Especially if you are a peripheral fan, since it will give you so much insight into this genre of music. Hear Kenny Wayne Shepherd play with B.B. King on The Thrill Is Gone and I bet that you will be in a full sprint to the record store to pick up a copy for yourself. However, should you need anymore incentive to go and buy this release consider this, partial proceeds are being donated to Music Maker Relief Foundation, a non-profit organization helping impoverished blues artists. Now that has to be a good reason.
    There is also a DVD release of this trip, which is also worth looking at.
    Attached Images
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

+ Reply to Thread