+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shearwater - Palo Santo

Default Shearwater - Palo Santo

Shearwaters "Palo Santo" (the release before Rook) brings to mind the beauty of solitude, taking the listener on a musical journey that, with a dedicated ear will find one returning repeatedly. Jonathan Meiburg has his own unique vocal style that begs comparisons with Darren Richard of Pinetop Seven, Glen Richards of Augie March and Jeff Buckley. The music sways from almost silent to eruptions of sounds. Varied instruments are used throughout in the complex arrangements on offer here.
    This re-released version on Matador includes a couple more tracks and makes this double album sonically far superior then the original release. If you like their last Disc "Rook" you will like this one.
    Shearwater are one of those unique few bands that matter.
    And in concert on these shores:
    13-9 Dorset End of Road Festival
    14-9 Oxford Zodiac
    15-9 Glasgow Captain's Rest
    16-9 Manchester Roadhouse
    17-9 London Bush Hall
    18-9 London Rough Trade East

Never seen them and really looking forward to it.
    Attached Images
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Hi nobody,
    I hear alot of peeps raving about shearwater but have never heard of them....any chance of giving me a coparison of artists they sound like just to see if its something I might be into...what sort of genre do they fit into.
    Cheers Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    Hi nobody,
    I hear alot of peeps raving about shearwater but have never heard of them....any chance of giving me a coparison of artists they sound like just to see if its something I might be into...what sort of genre do they fit into.
    Cheers Scott.

Had a listen on you tube. Sort of like Coldplay only with better tunes and the guy can sing.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    Hi nobody,
    Cheers Scott.
    I would say a little like Talk Talk with more complex arrangements. It's not easy access music, but very rewarding in the long term. Lot's of hidden melodies in the mix. I am pleased to sent you a taster if you want.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Thanks for the offer nobody but I can check them out here

http://www.last.fm/

cheers scott

+ Reply to Thread