+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Room Treatments

Weird how things tie up - my bathrooms groovy and my mates cost twice as much.
    Had he had me done it, he could have had 'bad noise thru thin wall absorbers included at half the price & when I said two weeks, I meant it, unlike the clowns who charged 8.5K to finish (just about in 6 weeks).
    Imagine returning from oliday, desperate to use the new bathroom to find a stripped out shell with a dump hole thru the kitchen ceiling and very little else!
    I'm enroute so feel free to pop in here, for soonds or services (needs a shot of the focus tho:_))))
    I can make these so WAF that you'll buy them for him Claire & they only take up twa square feet of floorspace and plenty room for ornaments on top :-)))
    I'm a fucking wanker

Cheers Si.
    Heres a thing though. My plan is and has been for a wee while now to upgrade my amp. Would it be wise and prudent to wait until I get my upgrade before I start tinkering with room improvement bass traps etc etc.
    I mean, whats the point of sorting my room out and then making changes to my setup that could undo all the good work done in sorting the room out....does that make sense ?
    My rooms gonna be a nightmare to sort out, its more lively than a bag of ferrets on LSD.
    Whats WAF byraway...its gonna be something obvious but for the life of me I cant bloody remember...
    OK just googled it...hehe, this is what wikipedia said.........

Woman acceptance factor or "Wife Acceptance Factor", commonly used in discussions related to hi-fi and home theater equipment. The first known WAF reference was in a 1989 article about wives rebelling against "oversized loudspeakers"

course you can have a wee go of the focus but yer on yer own though...I'm a shite passenger.
    Last edited by Roksoff; 12th April 2009 at 04:47.

Blog Entries

Why's Proff hiding in my kitchen?

Si.

lol chops, nice one, and very sublte.

Scott, sort the room first mate, then you'll hear what the new amp can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    I'm enroute so feel free to pop in here, for soonds or services (needs a shot of the focus tho:_))))
    I can make these so WAF that you'll buy them for him Claire & they only take up twa square feet of floorspace and plenty room for ornaments on top :-)))

Hi Si,

Thanks very much for the offer of a drop in on the way to Pauls, sounds good .

As for the WAF, I'm pretty easy-osey about the hifi equipment that comes into our living room.....as long as they do they're job and improve the sound I don't really mind. (It also helps that a hifi purchase inevitably leads to an excuse for a new shoes purchase ).

Look forward to meeting you and giving them a try out

Claire
    Siamo tutti angeli con una sola ala, possiamo volare solo se ci abbracciamo l'uno con l'altro. (Roger de Rabutin, Comte de Bussy)
    (We are each of us angels with only one wing, we can only fly by embracing one another)

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    Why's Proff hiding in my kitchen?

....took me bloody ages to get it...very good.

Well I'm biased but until the rooms sorted, upgrades will just be listening to even dearer stuff not performing to anything like it's best?
    I'm a fucking wanker

2 'settee' cushions, two settee arms, only a grand?
    Sounds like a real bargain
    http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...ics/orbis.html

Still since this guys dad's company makes sette cushions from a foam that defies the laws of physics and measures better way better than any I can find on planet earth, then maybe they are real advanced - being frugal with the truth, tweaking the graphs,
    who knows??
    I'm a fucking wanker

Si

A couple heard last night how effective your rooom treatments are, perhaps they will be along shortly to confirm, but even those these traps aren't tuned for my room, the difference is dramtic, and at high voumes is obvious to ANYONE.

(PS we level matched to get the resiults

Incidentally due to using the wrong scale (DOH!!!!!!!!) my art was around 06g lighter than ideal, now fixed and FOOK ME!!!!

Yep. The difference with the room treatment was pretty astonishing. Sound seem to snap into focus. Not that it sounded bad before mind you
    Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman? Or an image that teaches lies? For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation; he makes idols that cannot speak. (Habakkuk 2:18)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Default XTZ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

XTZ room analyser now in residence.
    Finally getting somewhere with it. For all the good the instructions are, they may as well have just left it in Swedish!
    So far it has told me I have a 3.5dB dip at 16 Hz - yessiree! if I had speakers that went anywhere near that in my wee room, I'd be well pissed off:-)
    Otherwise it seems to do what it says on the tin.
    My biggest problem is my room has virtually no problems, so having to remove stuff
    to see how bad it is untreated.

Pictures of the results to follow once I work out how to convert them to something
    'seeable'
    I'm a fucking wanker

right i know somewhere it needs tested

I know dozens of places that it will result in soiled underpants!
    I'm near deaf but it will need Sweedizh technology to prove to som peeps zer are beeg problems.
    Some teething problems as it told me my tv set up shows no room nodes?????
    The clap test in the room reverb shows syphillis, ghonorrea, crabs, piles and all
    sorts but as longs theres no nodes!
    The RTA is a hoot in listening mode & the full range waterfall plots might
    make nice abstracts but tell me squat unless I tie them in to Cara which
    actaully shows me where the problems are as opposed to showing me
    them in gorious technicolor
    I'm a fucking wanker

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Si

A couple heard last night how effective your rooom treatments are, perhaps they will be along shortly to confirm, but even those these traps aren't tuned for my room, the difference is dramtic, and at high voumes is obvious to ANYONE.

(PS we level matched to get the resiults

Incidentally due to using the wrong scale (DOH!!!!!!!!) my art was around 06g lighter than ideal, now fixed and FOOK ME!!!!

had a laugh so thanks ,you obviously made some sort of school boy error , we have i am all sure been there , i recently was sure a track hadent engaged in a recording , etc, so after much head scratching !!! my pal comes in to the room , and turns up the out put pot!!!

comes before the slider ? of course !! , bloody hell , and thats a basic system,

mind you reminds me once of a frantic hire , call i had at a company in manchester , re garding a system on hire by another company , going dead as a dodo , just after the sound check , compleate nothing at all .,so we loaded a van full of kit and spares?? take em over town , get to the gig to look to see if we can sort it , bearing in mind this is a proffesional gig in a theatre , and the sound guy wasent to bad ,

well the turned out the chap haddent noticed the kill button on the desk was engaged !!!

so a quick prob and up and running , big fooking hoot an da big bill to the theatre , mind you in his defence the buld on the switch had gone tits.

a big drink in the bar for the team , also on the bill.

also had a gig at the festival edinburgjh running a small jazz group system , and the bass players active pickup , giving me hell all night , turns out he haddent replaced the batterey because he didnt know it had one in the thing???
    assured me everything was working fine!!!.

regards
    jazzbass

+ Reply to Thread