+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning. Valve Pron

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    My KT88s displaying a nice blue hue. I am not sure what the stock ones in the Mac are. I am using Svetlana's (C) Winged. They sound superb in my amp and did I mention that they are blue. I have never seen blue like that before.
    Yes they are blusih, but it's very subtle. The Camera picks it up better.

Funny how this thread was resurrected just as i bought a quad of cheap chinese KT88's last week for back up,don't even know what as theres no markings on the valve,they have a slight blue tinge to them and thank god they've not took out my newly aquired KIT88 amp.

NB,where did you purchase your Svetlana Winged C's and how much do i expect to pay for a brand new quad of KT88's if you don't mind me asking?.

WCP.

Took a couple of shots and been trying for 40mins to upload it here,j7 showed ages ago but i still can't do it,anybody refresh my memory please?.
    Last edited by wiicrackpot; 20th January 2009 at 23:26.

F****** Bingo.

Nice shots, and nice blue.

NB,where did you purchase your Svetlana Winged C's and how much do i expect to pay for a brand new quad of KT88's if you don't mind me asking?.

(Un)Fortunatly it's another one of my freebies from a friend across the pond. I reckon you will have to pay around $40- $50 each. I also would say that this tube should be screened for drawing excessive screen current.
    I have tried Golden Lions and Sovteks. But ultimatly I prefer the Svets'.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Thanks for the compliments NB,would've love to get the sizing right but that'd be expecting miracles.

Paid 80.00 for the quad but was a bit apprehensive as i mentioned above,it had no markings on them what so ever,pop them in,shut my eyes,switch on and hoped for the best ,you can tell i am a valve virgin can't you,well it's worked out fine.

Going by your post,i would expect to pay upwards of 200.00 maybe for a matched quad of Svetlana's,quite costly isn't it.

WCP.

Quote Originally Posted by weecrackpot View Post
    Thanks for the compliments NB,would've love to get the sizing right but that'd be expecting miracles.

Paid 80.00 for the quad but was a bit apprehensive as i mentioned above,it had no markings on them what so ever,pop them in,shut my eyes,switch on and hoped for the best ,you can tell i am a valve virgin can't you,well it's worked out fine.

Going by your post,i would expect to pay upwards of 200.00 maybe for a matched quad of Svetlana's,quite costly isn't it.

WCP.
    Yeah not cheap. But I don't believe there is such a thing as cheap and cheerful.
    Those KT88s are very tough tubes and many are used in guitar amps. When I had my amp fixed and serviced in the summer the guys were amazed that it only produces 40watts a side out of three tubes. They regularly run them at 100 watts a tube in a guitar amp. They thought at first there is something wrong with my amp. So my KT88s only draw half their max current so theoreticly should last a while.
    I would love to try some EATs one day, byt the price is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by nobody; 21st January 2009 at 13:40.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Gordonian Guest

PRON PRON PRON? WHERE WHERE WHERE?

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonian View Post

Blog Entries

I bought my last lot from this guy. Excellent service and very reasonable prices.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/NewQuestSou...sxQ3asstQQtZkm
    Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonian View Post
    Is that 3 copies of my dvd you want to order,as you know i'm trying this to fund my Deco's.
    Last edited by wiicrackpot; 22nd January 2009 at 07:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    I bought my last lot from this guy. Excellent service and very reasonable prices.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/NewQuestSou...sxQ3asstQQtZkm
    Thanks for the link Chopsaw,why is the postage and packing so expensive?.

Bought mines last week and it came connected to a board from the innards of another amp.

Thanks for the link Chopsaw,why is the postage and packing so expensive?.
    Cos he's a robbin twot. I wanted this last night but $23 shipping i dunni think so sumhow

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electro-Harmon...713.m153.l1262

Yes RB,it does look steep doesn't it.

Yes RB,it does look steep doesn't it.
    Phewwwwww not many no wonder chopper says he's ok, thats about 17.00 to send a tiny tube that weight nothing... must be that heavy gold plating on the pins eh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Phewwwwww not many no wonder chopper says he's ok, thats about 17.00 to send a tiny tube that weight nothing... must be that heavy gold plating on the pins eh!
    Something wrong here Andr'e. I bought a matched octet of Sovtek KT66's for those AVCs not long ago and it cost me 105 all in. I'll contact him and find out what the crack is. Sorry guys, I never checked the postage cost, just put the link up.
    Si.

Something wrong here Andr'e. I bought a matched octet of Sovtek KT66's for those AVCs not long ago and it cost me 105 all in. I'll contact him and find out what the crack is. Sorry guys, I never checked the postage cost, just put the link up.
    I notice this a lot chops, the listing fee, final selling fee + paypal fee all adds up, they want it all back by ripping you off with shipping as well as making a bit.Don't blame em really but fark that for a game of soldiers

Blog Entries

I'm gonna check my last invoice. He was very reasonable last time I bought from him. Maybe the exchange rate has buggered things up a bit?
    Si.

I'm gonna check my last invoice. He was very reasonable last time I bought from him. Maybe the exchange rate has buggered things up a bit?
    Well putting idiot shipping rates like is most deffo sealed the death of his potential overseas customers.

Thats a good job spoil't by those screws on the top plate.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 20th February 2009 at 11:54.

Nice though. I could easily live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Thats a good job spoil't by those screws on the top plate.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

+ Reply to Thread