+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Jean-Michel Jarre

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    not far (enough) from Glasgow
    Posts
    5,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    615847

    Post imported post

    never even heard of it.... always thought Oxygene was the first
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

  2. #22
    Gordonian Guest

    Post imported post

    Never heard of it......... maybe for the best!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #23
    Guest

    Post imported post

    cartridgemangler wrote:
    never even heard of it.... always thought Oxygene was the first
    'Oxygene was his first official release.

    'Deserted Palace' was his first actual album from '72'..The soundtrack 'Les granges' something or another in french was his second from '73...Both a



  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,914
    Rep Power
    209995

    Post imported post

    ELP FAN wrote:
    cartridgemangler wrote:
    never even heard of it.... always thought Oxygene was the first
    'Oxygene was his first official release.

    'Deserted Palace' was his first actual album from '72'..The soundtrack 'Les granges' something or another in french was his second from '73...Both a

    Apparently they are quite rare and therefore expensive. One for rarity value alone perhaps.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

    From that time on Jesus began to preach, Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near. (Matthew 4:17)

  5. #25
    Gordonian Guest

    Post imported post

    Clearly knowing that is somethign soooooooooo bad.... I will now have to search for it! LOL!!!

  6. #26
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Gordonian wrote:
    Clearly knowing that is somethign soooooooooo bad.... I will now have to search for it! LOL!!!
    Your looking at paying up to £500.00 for a mint issue now a days.The soundtrack LP say £40.00 max.

    I found this link you should be able to extract the album.

    http://tuchinsky.blogspot.com/2007/0...lace-1972.html

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Paramaribo, , Suriname
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    275561

    Post imported post

    Was heavily into JMJ for two decades. But then I got myself a fast car and the music made me a bit of an aggressive driver. I did buy Oxygene 7 to 13 only last month as it happens.
    His albums were the ones I used to audition different cartridges. That's how come I settled on the Pioneer moving coil PC-5MC as my main cartridge. My back up cartridge is a... PC-3MC. What I like about them is that the stylus is easily to replace just like a MM type.

  8. #28
    Gordonian Guest

    Post imported post

    ELP FAN wrote:
    Gordonian wrote:
    Clearly knowing that is somethign soooooooooo bad.... I will now have to search for it! LOL!!!
    Your looking at paying up to £500.00 for a mint issue now a days.The soundtrack LP say £40.00 max.

    I found this link you should be able to extract the album.

    http://tuchinsky.blogspot.com/2007/0...lace-1972.html
    Have to say.. found it.. downloaded it... listened to it.. binned it....

    SO BAD!!! Reminded me of the early days of comuter generated music on the likes of a Commodore 64 - but that is an insult to CBM64 music!!!!



    T E R R I B L E!!!!


    But thansk for the chance to torture my eardrums!

  9. #29

    Post imported post


  10. #30
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Gordonian wrote:
    ELP FAN wrote:
    Gordonian wrote:
    Clearly knowing that is somethign soooooooooo bad.... I will now have to search for it! LOL!!!
    Your looking at paying up to £500.00 for a mint issue now a days.The soundtrack LP say £40.00 max.

    I found this link you should be able to extract the album.

    http://tuchinsky.blogspot.com/2007/0...lace-1972.html
    Have to say.. found it.. downloaded it... listened to it.. binned it....

    SO BAD!!! Reminded me of the early days of comuter generated music on the likes of a Commodore 64 - but that is an insult to CBM64 music!!!!



    T E R R I B L E!!!!


    But thansk for the chance to torture my eardrums!

    [align=center]What did i tell you...T E R R I B L E ...no where in it...
    [/align]

  11. #31
    Guest

    Post imported post

    I used to love JMJ (still do)and have most of his albums. I agree that some of it isa bit dated now. He donea dance-orientedmix of Oxygene 10 with Sash!in 1997, which was quite interesting. Does anyone remember that?

    Any of you guysinto Ryuichi Sakamoto? He's akind ofstripped-down, keyboard-led,more melodic sounding JMJ. I got into him in the 80s after picking up one of his albums at random in HMV. Here he is featured with David Sylvian:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZDG-3PvyE

    and one of his solo performances:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6tAJURuqOc

    and a taste of his more gentle,classical/acoustic moments, playing with Bibo No Aozora:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLz3vGPjMlA

    I really like him and find him extremely talented.

    Marco.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tralfamadore
    Posts
    1,592
    Rep Power
    140058

    Post imported post

    If you like Sakamoto you should have a go at the Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto collaberations.

    Insen is simply stunning in it's start glitchy beauty.

    here is Trioon LINK

  13. #33
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Cheers, Z.

    I'll check it out

    Marco.

  14. #34
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Christ you'll be so desperate then you'll be into Yellow Magic Orchestra no doubt

  15. #35
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Desperate?

    Wtf you on about?

    Marco.

  16. #36
    Guest

    Post imported post

    Electroniaclly created drum sounds.What a cop out.

  17. #37

    Default

    Jean-Michel Jarre is amazing, and so is Ligeti, and nearly all composers of early electronic music and musique concrete. If you would ask a lot of electronic artists, they have no idea who JMJ or Subotnick are or what were the first synthesizers, but I think it is always cool to know your roots... Has anyone of you seen Ohm +: The Early Gurus of Electronic Music, by the way? I was stoked to find that video like this exists.

  18. #38

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642870

    Default


    Oooeer missus. Well come on then, compared to the originals (if you have em that is).

    Doh i am a twot. Just read the amazulu stuff Doh.
    Ok when yer get em give us your review.

    Im going now as i need a bigger shovel,lol.
    Last edited by KB1; 11th July 2011 at 20:03. Reason: i am a complete twot
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

  20. #40

    Default

    LOL...I was waiting for someone else to get them first before committing. Why'd ya think I posted em up.
    I aint sure to be honest, dont play the originals much but do enjoy when they are played.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts