+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: sole chassis web site

Blog Entries

In all fairness a 305 never came anywhere near a Sondek. Someone's been reading too many old hifi mags again!
    Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopsaw View Post
    In all fairness a 305 never came anywhere near a Sondek. Someone's been reading too many old hifi mags again!

Load of bollox, i have ears stuck to my head i don't need a magazine to tell me what sounds right.

Bye.

And we all see & hear different things RB.

Our needs and wants differ, which is why variety is the spice of life.. It would be boring old world (and forum) if we all constantly agreed, wore the same clothes, listened to the same music, drove the same type of car - or desired the same woman etc etc (but that would be a dangerous world then I guess)..

I've heard some pretty tasty sets ups over the years but I still love the way my modifed LP12 (and system) delivers the music I like to listen to.

No need to knock anyone because of what they like is there?

John R

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    Load of bollox, i have ears stuck to my head i don't need a magazine to tell me what sounds right.

Bye.
    that sounds about right to me also , but some other input from peeps can be usefull .

jazzbass

Default Sole

Hi Paul (Shadowy Dood)

I have sent you a private e-mail with attachment relating to our discussion.

Regards

John R

Where to John?

Soz we haven't been able to get talking, you prolly tired, but we been no stop since the show.

C'mon JR ... Finger out ol' boy. My spanners and mole grips are at the ready and I'm getting all excited. Johnny's done the business on me Zeta, so it'll be the equivalent of a Superchip under me bonnet when I get the next bit from you. Thanks to Pauls pointing me in your direction.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Where to John?

Soz we haven't been able to get talking, you prolly tired, but we been no stop since the show.
    PM sent explaing where Paul.

John R

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    C'mon JR ... Finger out ol' boy. My spanners and mole grips are at the ready and I'm getting all excited. Johnny's done the business on me Zeta, so it'll be the equivalent of a Superchip under me bonnet when I get the next bit from you. Thanks to Pauls pointing me in your direction.
    Should'nt be too long now WullieD20. I have to be sure of certain things old chap!

John R

Where to John?

Re sent to your correct mail addy Paul

JR

got it, will discuss it tommorow.

Paul

Two more Soles nearing completion, few more hours work yet. These two are due to be winging their way to Scotland.

JR
    Attached Images

Talking First off the press for Shadow Audio

Prof
    The first one is ready for you! Be nice to think it's the first of many. Hoping you'll all like it.

I've started work on the other two already....

JR
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    ''The Linn Sondek LP12 is the wonderful creation of Linn Products' Ivor Tiefenbrun. With the LP12, Ivor has created probably the worlds most talked about; possibly the best selling and certainly the most musical audiophile turntable of all time.

Music is pure emotion and no other turntable can approach the LP12 for sheer musicality and involvement''

I hate porky pies
    Did Ivor invent the LP12 or did he do it the hifi way and blag someone working for another company's idea, Maybe its just me but I'm sure there was a company called Arison making a similar turntable.

BP

Hope one of those coming north is mine.

On the subject of linn mats, anybody tried a 12in poly pizza base?
    Dougie

Quote Originally Posted by beckypumps View Post
    Did Ivor invent the LP12 or did he do it the hifi way and blag someone working for another company's idea, Maybe its just me but I'm sure there was a company called Arison making a similar turntable.

BP
    Yeh & there was a company called Thorens making the same thing before Ariston

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Hope one of those coming north is mine.

On the subject of linn mats, anybody tried a 12in poly pizza base?
    Dougie

Yep it is. should be available next week Dougie.

Have negotiated wih John and Shadow Audio are proud to be able to represent this fantastic good value modification for the venerble LP12, with the addition of the Sole, the LP12 (theres 500,000 + out there) is dragged cicking and screaming into the 21st century, leaves the good things intact, and addresses the shortcomings, Like a Linn Keel, but at a sensible price.

Quote Originally Posted by beckypumps View Post

BP

Ivor obviously took a number of ideas from various manufacturers and arguably just did a better job of manufacturing and marketing a turntable.

He created a well loved icon and for that you must congratulate him.

Everything can be improved as nothing's perfect is it?

JR

No Ivor worked for his father at Castle Engineering in Linn Drive Castlemilk, Hamish Robertson contracted them to make the subchassis for his tt, and other metal bits, this was late 69/70 IIRC, Hamish was an engineer, not a marketyeer, the sales where slow, Ivor decided to make and sell his own version, and the LP12 was born.

Where Ivor scored over A&R and Ariston was in his marketing/selling skills, the rest is history, the deck was plagiarised, but i don't think there were any patents on the design, so legally he did nothing wrong, morally however.....

No Ivor worked for his father at Castle Engineering in Linn Drive Castlemilk, Hamish Robertson contracted them to make the subchassis for his tt, and other metal bits, this was late 69/70 IIRC, Hamish was an engineer, not a marketyeer, the sales where slow, Ivor decided to make and sell his own version, and the LP12 was born.

Where Ivor scored over A&R and Ariston was in his marketing/selling skills, the rest is history, the deck was plagiarised, but i don't think there were any patents on the design, so legally he did nothing wrong, morally however.....
    Luverly buy Castle must have had a TD150

+ Reply to Thread