+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alejandro Escovedo - Real Animal

Default Alejandro Escovedo - Real Animal

Alejandro Escovedo has collaborated with Chuck Prophet on the songs on offer here, and he came up with a career defining divine little record. Here's one that tells the tales, names the names, uplifts, crushes, teases, challenges and simply rocks it's delightful & bedraggled heart out when appropriate.

Chronicling his life as a journeyman in the underground music world, this record is an audio companion to Escovedo's near death experience with Hepatitis C and his phoenix like resurrection to find respect and admiration. From his formative day's as a young punk to staying alongside Sid & Nancy at the Chelsea Hotel, to his decades of raw road living around the world.

Whether you are new to his saga, or recall the down and dirty days with The Nuns or Rank & File, there's something for you here. It's a real animal of a rock'n roll record.

Former Bowie and T-Rex producer Tony Visconti has called it one of the best thing's he's twiddled the knobs on in years, and at times it has the sound of a 70s Bowie album. If you are up for the whole thousand mile musical journey with all it's slow side streets and speed bumps treat yourself to a rollicking retro-tastic rave up of some road ready tunes. Superb.
    Attached Images
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Not heard this one but I have a double cd which is a tribute to the songs of Aljandro E.
    "POR VIDA" which features covers of his songs by John Cale,Steve Earle, Lucinda Williams, the Cowboy Junkies and Son Volt + many more.... very interesting stuff :-)
    I'm a fucking wanker

I have not heard about the album you mention, have been a Fanboy of Mr.Escovedo since he came onto my radar. I know that he was seriously ill some time back, maybe that prompted the disc you have. I don't think he has ever released a weak album. Apart from his new one my favourites are With These Hands and the top spot would be A Man Under The Influence. Just superb. If you would like I can run you a copy off. No sweat.
    Last edited by nobody; 27th January 2009 at 15:58.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

Hi nobody,

cheers for that, likewise if you pm me your address, I'll copy Por Vida for you.
    There are some great takes on his music (well I think so , never really having heard him) by some of the less well known artists on the discs.
    Well worth a listen.
    I also have another double sampler of Americana type stuff that has some real nice music on it in a similar vein.
    I'm a fucking wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    Hi nobody,

cheers for that, likewise if you pm me your address, I'll copy Por Vida for you.
    There are some great takes on his music (well I think so , never really having heard him) by some of the less well known artists on the discs.
    Well worth a listen.
    I also have another double sampler of Americana type stuff that has some real nice music on it in a similar vein.
    Thanks you. PM Addy on it's way.

+ Reply to Thread