+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John Doe & The Sadies - Country Club

Default John Doe & The Sadies - Country Club

Timeless sounds abound here, driven by Doe's gorgeously rough-hewn vocals, the guitar-wielding Good brothers and The Sadies' world class rhythm section. Sounds of long warm summer nights.
    Attached Images
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

sounds interesting NB never heard anything by them ........... a description maybe ?

The Sadies have been going for a while. I have an album by them. A very interesting band. They also support Neko Case on her "The Tigers have Spoken" Live album. John Doe has been around for ages, but this is the first stuff I have of his.
    I'll get a sample up to you.
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."

got it today NB thanks .....also sent you some today as well ......... first listen .......... not sure they cover a lot of classic country hits .needs a few more listens ..............

the summer mix cd is great who's the band singing in french great tune .....all there stuff like that ?

[quote=woody;44545]got it today NB thanks .....also sent you some today as well ......... first listen .......... not sure they cover a lot of classic country hits .needs a few more listens ..............

the summer mix cd is great who's the band singing in french great tune .....all there stuff like that ?[/quote]

Glad it got there and it tickled some aural tastebuds. The french contribution to the party is Serge Gainsbourg. Je t'aime oh Je t'aime.
    He is a bit hit and miss with his output, but when he is on he's great.

is that on a particular cd lp ?

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    is that on a particular cd lp ?
    I am not sure. I have only got it on a CD single.
    I found out it's the title track on this album. Just got re-released. It's on order now.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by nobody; 28th April 2009 at 16:17.

Bernd thanks

glad you like the choices .............. I will start a little pile for next time

+ Reply to Thread