+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: 25 best live records of all time

I am still playing almost all of the CD comps and albums he did for me, which amassed to quite a few over the time he was on here. He talked of moving to France so maybe that's what happened when he stopped posting.

Ah yeah ,that rings a bell Gary.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Aye France - south of, would be nice right now, bloody freezin again!

Not so keen on the french mind you, i suppose they can't all be rude arrogant buggers though most i have met were -one even informed me - 'Oh you are scottish are you, one failed country run by another'. I told the bloke that his rudeness was only outdone by his stupidity, then i stood up and he scarpered, feckin coward!

To resurrect a thread!

Some bands just work better live.

These are some of my favourite live albums

Dire Straits - Alchemy (dang! They were a good band)
    Iron Maiden - Live After Death (At their peak)
    Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live (Captures their original performances of this album, just wonderful)
    Tangerine Dream - Logos (captures them at their peak)
    AC/DC - If You Want Blood (properly good)
    Pink Floyd - Pulse (yes they have 2 albums in the list but it wasn't really the same band playing, the production is wonderful and the performance of Dark Side is better than the original album)
    Deep Purple - Made in Japan (killer live band)
    Tori Amos - Live at Montreux 1991/1992 (she's wonderful, this is a really special recording)
    Tangerine Dream - Encore (The peak of their Berlin School era)
    Tangerine Dream - Live Miles (OK so there's a lot of the Tangs here, however this was their last outing together before they went their separate ways, it has that swan song feel to it)

Adding another one, which I've had for a week but not played yet. David Bowie Live in Santa Monica '72. It was recorded for a live radio broadcast and was a bootleg for years until released officially in 2008. Ronson's playing is exceptional throughout and the whole band were on top form by the time it was recorded.

+ Reply to Thread