+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tal Wilkenfeld - Bass Goddess

Default Tal Wilkenfeld - Bass Goddess

A new one on me but I think I'll be checking the album out.

24 year old lass from Australia who sounds not unlike a young Jaco P I think...

Some of the clips of her playing with Jeff Beck are awsome.

Try this.

LINK

Be interested to hear what JB thinks of her playing.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

I started a thread about her last year, terrific she is, Jeff Beck was so impressed with her, he gave her a job as bassist on his tour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I started a thread about her last year, terrific she is, Jeff Beck was so impressed with her, he gave her a job as bassist on his tour.
    You gave me a copy of one of her albums. Very impressed.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I started a thread about her last year
    Hey I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday never mind what threads were around last year...
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    A new one on me but I think I'll be checking the album out.

24 year old lass from Australia who sounds not unlike a young Jaco P I think...

Some of the clips of her playing with Jeff Beck are awsome.

Try this.

LINK

Be interested to hear what JB thinks of her playing.
    hi mate well i havent got the connection to load the link i am at 30kbs!!!! morse code , any way
    i trust you judgement , so i am sure she if a great plaer ther are lots around ,

by the way
    also heads up peter erskine in comming very very soon to carnegie hall with a big jazz group i am sure it will pe a good show , hope the sound is ok , any wy

if you fancy meeting up , i think jenny might enjoy the tunes , but it will be jazz based ,

shirleys got tickets and we are looking forward to it ,

also i must give you a copy of wynton marsalis septet , called in this house in the mornig , some great tunes and great recording , its at times like this i wish i hadent turned down the big set of art speakers the proff lent me , any way

i am getting by nicely with the various bits of kit i got , the wynton cd is on columbia records , but is well recorded ,
    actually to all you other tune smiths who like a bit of jazz i would say just get this ordered for some great tunes etc ,

the carnegie hall is a venue for the fife jazz festival ,

hope to prhaps see a few peeps from in hear at the night , tickets aint to bad about £14

i paid more than that for a set of socks for me walking boots last year ?

out of hear
    richie .

umberto , how about comming over for the show , ??? welcome to meet up at my house if you need to .
    rich

Default jazz heads 3 albums we should all have !!

well how about this guys , i am starting as i have three crackers i can recommend , and not a patrica barber or miles in site ?? kinda blue!! gives me the f''king blues

so pable live the paris concert oscar peteerson , salle pleyel , brilliant on record , cannot find cd at the moment .

julian arguelles as above so below , very highest playing top class sound , ensemble work is out of this world.

on provocator records , nice uk based jazz label .

then finnaly a double album

wunton marsalis septet album sony columbia
    called in this house on this morning.

i would be interested to hear you opinion if you get these three albums i recon you got every style of jazz covered in some way or another ,obviously there will be something i missed , were all human but a good start , missed out vocals , but then vocals is just tunes with words?

mix up ready to go if peeps want one please pm you addres as before , same sort of mix up as before , just a big mix bag of tuines , not rock or pop as befor e.

regards
    jazzbass

Another link from the same page:

LINK

She is something else! Blows me away. :>)

She is good.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

I was going through the older posts and came across this thread...this lady sure can play. Amazing talent. Definitely worth going to see.

+ Reply to Thread