+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Adams

Post imported post

I bought 29 on th back of this thread - excellent album!

One small issue though, it is a 2nd hand copy I got and track 2 is unplayable . Any kind soul able to send me a copy of just track 2 in wav or flac format??

Pretty please

Will all willing parties form a queue to the left (actually, will anyone who can help please pm for email address, etc)

Thank you
    A flea in the ear is worth two in the bush

Post imported post

Had Gold since it first came out after hearing old whispering bob play a few tracks, but i dont often play it, it makes me weep a bit at times and makes me think of things that once hurt a lot.
    Last edited by thrunobulaxx; 28th September 2008 at 10:23.
    Thru.

Really enjoying Love is Hell, a real grower.
    Can't take to Rock n Roll at all.
    Love Cold Roses on cd but I have had a sealed vinyl copy of this lying for over
    a year - by past experience it will be so warped as to be unplayable.
    Bought it cheap and seen it selling very dear - to open or not to open?
    Picked up a sealed copy of John Fahey's Christmas album years ago and kept it sealed -
    then I thought feck speculation,I want to hear the music - bastard was that warped it near took the needle oot my Koetsu.
    Onto the pile that will go in the oven between sheets of glass - some day.
    I'm a fucking wanker

I've been getting right into Adams recently and was on the search for something similar and came across a band called Whiskey Town. Some of you may know already that Ryan Adams is their co writter and co singer in the band.
    scott

New Ryan Adams album out on monday

"Cardinology"

Its getting some great reviews

scott

Having recently picked up a copy of "Love is Hell" I notice RA does a rendition of Wonderwall.

Its a wee gem IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gVxRvNfFLg

scott

Cardinology - First listen it is a much more coherent album, good solid tunes and with Neal Casal baking him up as well result.Standouts at the moment are Magick, Sink Ships , Evergreen.
    Check Neal Casal's album " No wish to reminisce" too.
    Last edited by Eggie; 21st November 2008 at 11:30.

Nice one Eggie,
    I will look up Neal Casal's "reminisce" too

scott

Scott

I've listened to it 3 times today , it gets better and better it seems like he has finally come of age.
    Another great ceedee stuck in the drawer is Bon Iver's" For Emma, forever ago" its in a similar vein to Fleet Foxes.

Eggie
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Eggie View Post
    Scott

I've listened to it 3 times today , it gets better and better it seems like he has finally come of age.
    Another great ceedee stuck in the drawer is Bon Iver's" For Emma, forever ago" its in a similar vein to Fleet Foxes.

Eggie
    Martin
    Hi Martin,
    Checked out Bon Iver's new album and I'm not sure its my cuppa T.
    It sounds like it is very minimalistic with reviewers describing it akin to Damien Rice's "O". One reviewer called it a low fi version of Ray Lamontagne which doesn't bode very well.
    I've sort of went over budget with albums this month anyway (36), so I better cool the beans.

cheers
    scott

Give it a chance Scott, it is better than Damien Rice, guys like Bon and fleet foxes Midlake etc have a lineage really back to The Band , I've had it for about a week and it has only just sunk in today, I think its the sparseness that i like, he seems to have thought about the spaces as much as the music.
    36 ceedees superb , i have run out of space i have had to put some in the loft.

Martin
    Cambridge Audio Azur C640C ,Rotel RA01,Q Acoustics 2020.

Got his new one this week 'Carinology' , initial impressions. It's an album of two halves,
    ones good & one not my cup of tea.
    The first half are rockier numbers and I'm not keen on the production, has me turning down the volume. The quieter numbers making up the rest are nice though.
    I'm a fucking wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    Got his new one this week 'Carinology' , initial impressions. It's an album of two halves,
    ones good & one not my cup of tea.
    The first half are rockier numbers and I'm not keen on the production, has me turning down the volume. The quieter numbers making up the rest are nice though.
    I got this a few weeks ago and my initial reaction was that I liked it. I dont think its his best, but then I only got to listen to it once and the ole'man got a shot of it, along with all my other Adam's disks.
    Its funny you should mention the production though, because my dad said the same thing. I never noticed to be honest but I was doing summat else when it was on.

scott

Ryan Adams fans may also like to hear the Cowboy Junkies, especially their CD and DVD set Trinity revisited. RA guests on this album: it really is a masterpiece and one of my all time fave albums along with Gold.. Even though on CD it's a belter of a recording, induded DVD very interesing too, all songs filmed and a bit of a doucumentrary too about the Trinity sessions.

John R

Quote Originally Posted by JR View Post
    Ryan Adams fans may also like to hear the Cowboy Junkies, especially their CD and DVD set Trinity revisited. RA guests on this album: it really is a masterpiece and one of my all time fave albums along with Gold.. Even though on CD it's a belter of a recording, induded DVD very interesing too, all songs filmed and a bit of a doucumentrary too about the Trinity sessions.

John R
    fanks for the heads up, sound rite up ma street.
    I'll be getting into DVDs too once I get ma finger oot and get my telly on the wall

Love the Trinity Sessions myself but had a splurge on a few of their other albums & found them rather less spectacular?
    I'm a fucking wanker

Got Ryan Adams Ashes on Fire for Christmas.
    I really love it sounds as though he has gone back to gold era.
    Samsung LE26R74BD,Pioneer BDP-LX53,Sony DS-NP900V,Onkyo TX-SR705,Atlantic Technology 2200LR
    2200C,1200LR ,SB800.Power Cables Supra, Signal Cables Audioquest.

Welcome Tarquers.

HMV have Gold on vinyl up for stupid money at the moment. It would be rude not to at that price.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/directQuery.do...3&Ntk=Products

I Think so...
    Samsung LE26R74BD,Pioneer BDP-LX53,Sony DS-NP900V,Onkyo TX-SR705,Atlantic Technology 2200LR

Thanks for the welcome by the way

+ Reply to Thread