+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kjoenik's love of music

Default Kjoenik's love of music

I don't know if i'm in the right part of the forum. And excuse my language if there are any faults, I'm norwegian.
    I'm going to present my system here. In the norwegian forum there's a dedicated page for system presentations. Maybe there should be an alternative for this type of page as well here (please let me know if this should be posted somewhere else).

If the forces are with us I will be able to post some images. Images are always welcome to audiophiles...

I have an Audio Origami PU7. Johnnie made this arm for me, from scratch. I made the specifications, and Johnnie made the arm.

Last edited by kjoenik; 18th March 2010 at 12:53.

I'm using a Dynavector XX-2.

The turntable is a TW Acustic Raven Two

The motor is very solid, quiet, and free of resonances.

The plinth is surprisingly heavy. It is a combination of metal and composite material, resting on stillpoint feets.

Last edited by kjoenik; 18th March 2010 at 12:51.

The preamplifier

Holy Moly Kjoenik , that looks superb, it really does. That looks like my kind of turntable, big and meaty.
    Incidently, its not a problem posting your pictures here. Its Johnnie's room and you do have one of Johnnies arms but seeing as you asked we do have a seperate thread for pictures of members systems in the Hifi Speakeasy section of the forum called "What I use for music appreciation"
    I have just recently acquired one of Johnnies arms and it looks remarkably like yours. You have good taste.

ps...your English is first class by the way, better than most of our members, me included.

Kjoenik, lovely tt and really goes well with the PU7 and that Dyna XX 2 looks mean, fabulous.

What's that other tt lurking about behind the Orchid and what make is your 300B or 2A3 based valve amp?, nosey aren't I but when comes to Fi, i need to know.

So'K, had a second look and realised from a previous photo that they were just suspension/isolation pillars and no tt.

wii.
    Last edited by wiicrackpot; 18th March 2010 at 07:56. Reason: second look

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post

ps...your English is first class by the way, better than most of our members, me included.
    Scott, funny you should mention that, through my travels, Travelled to Iceland, Ski-ing in the Alps and coming into contact with them in my previous job, i find Scandic and Dutch people spoke really good english and yet other europeans seems to lack behind.

wii.

Thanks for the nice comments. If this is Johnnie's room I'll just keep on, as the system is built around his tonearm

A few more pics of the preamplifier

The Messenger, in it's latest make, MKIII

It's a tubed design, with 6AS7, 6H30 and 12AX7 tubes, and a built in phonostage. Both line and phono is completely silent, no noise!

The PSU

Fat cable connecting the PSU with the linestage

The domes on top of the linestage is no voodoo, contrary to some peoples believes...they are simply there to protect the 6AS7 tubes

One more turntablepic

The amplifiers are Audion Golden Dream.
    These are 300B designs, monoblocks, with two of these tubes, in parallel single ended configuration. This gives an output of around 25w. More than enough to drive my speakers.
    The external crossovers for the speakers are placed in the amp-stand.

The amp-stand, by the way, is from IKEA. The scandinavian manufacturer of high-end audio furniture. Have you ever been to IKEA without thinking..."can I use this for audio purposes...??".

So, the amp-stands are from the kitchen department, and I've damped the with bitumen and given them an oiling. The whole thing is resting on soft feets.

The speakers in this setup is from

Fom the Auditorium series, the OBX-R2

Look very closely and you will see a cd-player, lurking in the shadow of the record player
    I play cd's as well, and enjoy them. They do sound good. However, playing records is a whole different ballgame (right Johnnie?!)

The cd-player is a Lector cdp-7, top loader. The psu for this unit is hidden behind the door in the purposebuilt IKEA record storage and hifi-support furniture seen in the previous post.

Cd-player in an earlier setup

That is a lovely system mate. Ikea is dear to many peoples hearts. You are certainly not the first to pick up one of their items and modify it for hifi use. I myself use their Lack AV table, wide enough to get 3 full width components in or on and acoustically inert enough for a turntable or 2!

Tubes are hot

My PU7 was one of the first (the first?) to be given a cryo treatment.

Tonearm, cold as ice

The sound, however, is warming

Quote Originally Posted by Cable Monkey View Post
    That is a lovely system mate. Ikea is dear to many peoples hearts. You are certainly not the first to pick up one of their items and modify it for hifi use. I myself use their Lack AV table, wide enough to get 3 full width components in or on and acoustically inert enough for a turntable or 2!
    Yea, and still they call it Lack. But it doesn't really lack anything, except for a hefty pricetag...

BTW, the speakers are standing on...you guessed it...cutting blocks from IKEA's kitchen department (with some paint)
    Last edited by kjoenik; 18th March 2010 at 13:47.

Speakers

Overview, birds perspective

And from floor level

So, thats it.

The system sounds good. A music lovers system, IM(not so)HO.

Finally, a picture of a father teaching his daughters the important things in life, connecting cables and things like that
    Bottoms up!

lol

Love the last picture....excellent and Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    lol

Love the last picture....excellent and Welcome to the forum
    Thank you!

Blog Entries

hi K
    well what can i say...the whole system looks stunning m8...and i bet it sounds brill !!!!

yes i had one arm cyro treated and one arm not cyroed...and K got to test them out and kept the cyroed version

glad you are loveing your system m8

Scotty maybe post a quick pic of your pu7 for K?

bw
    j7
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

+ Reply to Thread