Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kjoenik's love of music

Quote Originally Posted by j7 View Post
    FOOOKIN ELLL!!

thats one big set of speakers m8:0

well done on the new baby...keep it up
    Thanks J! But really, "keep it up"...??
    Iīm already struggling with too many x-chromosomes around here

Love the photos, love the hifi, love the living space......do you like the Residents (avatar was a give away)

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    These surely can't work without some soft furnishing or room treatments if the room is as hard as your last one?
    The room that I have now isnīt really as lively as it may seem on the pictures. The walls are made by plaster-plates on wooden standers and isolation in between. Iīve also placed some absorbents in frames on the walls in the room. Itīs not an ideal room, but itīs been working very well.

Hereīs a pic of the new room from the sales prospect.

This is my space and I can do whatever I want here, including acoustic measures.
    Hornspeakers are quite directional and are not the worst speakers to integrate in a room. System matching, as always, is an issue. The Avantgarde Duo Mezzoīs have active and adjustable subwoofers to make integration more easy.
    But the room is always an x-factor, and itīs difficult, nye impossible, to make any certain predictions to how itīs gonna work out.
    Iīll keep my fingers crossed but have good faith

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    Love the photos, love the hifi, love the living space......do you like the Residents (avatar was a give away)
    Thanks!
    I love The Residents! Youīre a fan too?
    Iīve been fortunate to see them live here in Norway a couple of times. In the last concert I sat in the middle of the front row, so close I could amost touch them. Unforgettable!
    I also have a fine collection of vinyl with them, a real treasure.
    An aquired taste for sure, but well worth a try for those who donīt know them imho.

"But the room is always an x-factor, and itīs difficult, nye impossible, to make any certain predictions to how itīs gonna work out." ???
    Send me the dimensions.

Fabulous 'space' and fabulous speakers. I think you'll be reliving your Residents concert a few times when they are set up!
    I'm a fucking wanker

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    "But the room is always an x-factor, and itīs difficult, nye impossible, to make any certain predictions to how itīs gonna work out." ???
    Send me the dimensions.

Fabulous 'space' and fabulous speakers. I think you'll be reliving your Residents concert a few times when they are set up!

^^^^ wot he said

and doon;t take so long before posting back

Blog Entries

I've got the horn. Ooops, better not
    Si.

Wonīt be able to measure room dimensions until I move in.

Will try to update more regularly...

Quote Originally Posted by Chops54 View Post
    I've got the horn. Ooops, better not
    Donīt worry mate! Iīm an audiophile health professional and I can tell you thatīs a normal (audiophile) reaction

Love the Residents though alas all my vinyl copies went awol years ago. I have a few of their dvd's and many cd's of theirs. Guaranteed to clear a house of unwanted guests

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    Love the Residents though alas all my vinyl copies went awol years ago. I have a few of their dvd's and many cd's of theirs. Guaranteed to clear a house of unwanted guests
    Hehe, for sure!

Ah Norway.

Home to my favourite muse. Lene Marlin.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

A beautiful room, There's something about Scandinavian architecture and interior decor that's so right. I bet my whole house would fit in that one room.

That Raven tt has the longest spindle I've ever seen (apart from auto-changers). I wonder what the reasoning for that was.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    A beautiful room, There's something about Scandinavian architecture and interior decor that's so right. I bet my whole house would fit in that one room.

That Raven tt has the longest spindle I've ever seen (apart from auto-changers). I wonder what the reasoning for that was.

Thanks!

I think you are misinterpreting the picture. Itīs without the platter...youīre looking at the male part of the bearing!

Hereīs tt with platter

Last edited by kjoenik; 16th March 2011 at 17:38.

Oh.

Nice Lenco btw!
    Iīm now waiting for L-75 and L-78. Looking forward to start working on them.

Cheers, mine's a 69 with a heavy platter and larger spindle upgrade. It's similar 'engine-wise' but has some controls on the right side. Linn Basic LVX arm at the mo.

Blog Entries

ohhh 12 inch sme against a 9.5 inch pu7...thats unfair
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Having read the hifi news review of the reference systemdek with an sme? now that was unfair, had it been a 12" PU 7,
    they may have heard what the deck can do!
    I'm a fucking wanker

Very interesting thread. Just found it. I have acquired a TW Raven one and just got it set up today with a loan PU7 from J7.

The cartridge is a brand new Dynavector XV-1s.

Setup was fairly quick process and I expected to have to tweek the arm to get it spot on. Tracking weight setup was a bit of a lottery to start with.

I settled on 2g.

Well dropped the needle and nothing. I had disconnected the MC phonos when I re-rubbered the rack( GP Audio with dampers).

Finally dropped the needle onto Olympia. Right from the off I new this was the right TT setup for me.

There was a synergy in the components and every thing was rock solid detail and tight sound even up to sound levels that hurt.

I have the Avantegarde Duos which certainly don't hide any problems with the front end.

So probably the biggest TT upgrade so far! Raven/Pu7/XV-1s is highly recommended.

Thanks to J7 for his loan arm and yes I'll have to buy one now I have tried it since it seems to gel with the rest of my system.
    Dancing in the streets!

+ Reply to Thread