+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eat Lights Become Lights

Default Eat Lights Become Lights

Oh My God!

This is cracking. Looking forward to an album.

Blog Entries

Top Find! bookmarking that sucker for when it gets released

I had a mail from one of the guys via myspace yesyerday. SAys they are having a tough time getting the album out so loads of support needed I guess. I'll be buying.

Blog Entries

I've done rough costings of pressing up CDs and it should be possible to get a CD done for under 1/unit, including glass mastering. Birnam CD in Perthshire are a broker who can take care of everything for self-releasing albums. obviously the more you press the lower the unit cost. Normally the minimum qty for a pressing is 500 units, sometimes lower.

Just wondering what software they use to create their stuff on. I'm participating in a 'Studio' Course at the local charity/studio project where I've done some volunteering over the last few months. As part of my 'individual' project I'm learning about Propellerheads Reason4 and integrating it into a ProTools recording, also using Xpand! for Midi. I've recorded a guitar part in the studio to a click track and am using that as the basis for the piece, which is an arrangement of the Northumbrian (I think) traditional tune 'Bonny At Morn'. I've managed to get the drum track done in Reason, the Bass line in Xpand! and some effects in both.
    I might even upload it once it's finished for you all to point and laugh.

Anyway, getting back to Eat Lights; Become Lights... I'll definitely be up for a copy once they get it released. I like the amalgamation of ambient and real drums/guitars. reminiscent of the earlier William Orbit stuff, particularly Strange Cargo 1 and 2, of which I'm immensely fond. I noticed their tags include Spacemen 3, Spiritualized etc, which also rank highly on my own inbuilt 'Aural Orgasmatron'

Very good. Definitely a bit 'Krauty.'

I bet they've got a Cluster/Harmonia album or two in their collections.

Put me down for a copy.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Nice!!

Yeah I would certainly buy a copy
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    I've done rough costings of pressing up CDs and it should be possible to get a CD done for under 1/unit, including glass mastering. Birnam CD in Perthshire are a broker who can take care of everything for self-releasing albums. obviously the more you press the lower the unit cost. Normally the minimum qty for a pressing is 500 units, sometimes lower.

Just wondering what software they use to create their stuff on. I'm participating in a 'Studio' Course at the local charity/studio project where I've done some volunteering over the last few months. As part of my 'individual' project I'm learning about Propellerheads Reason4 and integrating it into a ProTools recording, also using Xpand! for Midi. I've recorded a guitar part in the studio to a click track and am using that as the basis for the piece, which is an arrangement of the Northumbrian (I think) traditional tune 'Bonny At Morn'. I've managed to get the drum track done in Reason, the Bass line in Xpand! and some effects in both.
    I might even upload it once it's finished for you all to point and laugh.

Anyway, getting back to Eat Lights; Become Lights... I'll definitely be up for a copy once they get it released. I like the amalgamation of ambient and real drums/guitars. reminiscent of the earlier William Orbit stuff, particularly Strange Cargo 1 and 2, of which I'm immensely fond. I noticed their tags include Spacemen 3, Spiritualized etc, which also rank highly on my own inbuilt 'Aural Orgasmatron'

i am not sure actually i would think it might be pro tools for mastering a lot of places seem to be using this , mind you there are many mnay mastering end solutuions most can give good results , much better than cd's 16 bit , but they all end up getting chopped to 16 bit in the en dfor cd red book .

you seem to be into you rrecording and live music . there are many mnay interesting peeps out there also in to this , the world os it seems awash with recording stuff.

regards to you
    jazzbass

again for monitoers ther doesent seem to be many standard solutions around many different ones,
    thankfully the crappy yahmaha ns10 is not so in favour in some parts, but some still seem to swear by them , i would just swear at them my self/
    jazzbass

Blog Entries

Ritchie, I think you might have misinterpreted my post- I was wondering what might have been used for the electronica element. there's a few, such as ableton live and propellerheads reason. Both of them will integrate into Protools easily enough.

You might be interested to know that reeltime (where I do my voluntary stuff) has Mackie 824 Monitors, and a Mackie 32-8 Analogue Desk as well as the Protools HD system.

Just an update.
    The band are going to release the album, Autopia late Feb (28th at the moment) however it is, and get this new tactic, only being released on vinyl (green coloured at the moment) and various download formats. No CD release is planned at the moment. A vinyl single will precede the album at the start of Feb. They are planning a tour but at the moment no Glasgow date but if you all ask them nicely...........

Just an update.
    The band are going to release the album, Autopia late Feb (28th at the moment) however it is, and get this new tactic, only being released on vinyl (green coloured at the moment) and various download formats. No CD release is planned at the moment. A vinyl single will precede the album at the start of Feb. They are planning a tour but at the moment no Glasgow date but if you all ask them nicely...........

I am chewing the furniture to get a hold of this album. I might just buy two!

Blog Entries

sounds exciting

In case anyone forgot - the album is now available on itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    Ritchie, I think you might have misinterpreted my post- I was wondering what might have been used for the electronica element. there's a few, such as ableton live and propellerheads reason. Both of them will integrate into Protools easily enough.

You might be interested to know that reeltime (where I do my voluntary stuff) has Mackie 824 Monitors, and a Mackie 32-8 Analogue Desk as well as the Protools HD system.
    i think i did

we used to haev the active makie monitors , with the bass radiator!!!! thing at the back , propper trebble , but everything seemed to have too much bass ie , i think they were a little bass shy ,i know that doesent sound right as they have plenty when you listen to the mackies , but every track we put on the big tannoys was flooded with bass after mixing on the mackies, funny every single mix i have dome what ever i have been recording sounds perfectly balanced with the elctrostatics, but you gotta listen in a slightly different way , takes some patiance to get your ear in .

play most things on a old sony ghetto blaster to finalize well almost finalize , but a average sort of thing to use for referance, in the olden days there usded to be the auro tone things terrible but easy to get your ear in , i dont do many recordings , and not proffesional , just basic things , often a couple of mics for school kids groups ,

did you get the mix up with the kids fiddle group on it , that was mine on to a protable mini disk , straight copy in to cd unit using a 1 interconnect?

prehaps some one can let you have a copy.last ttrack was i think the school group. lots of fiddles lots of edge , with a couple of 100 mics.and a small 60 mixer.

bobs your uncle .

jb

Blog Entries

Just thought I'd bump this up;

the album is also available online at http://eatlightsbecomelights.bandcamp.com

you can get 320k mp3s, or various high quality downloads (FLAC, MP3 VBR (V0), AAC, Ogg Vorbis and ALAC) all for the princely bargain sum of $7. yes seven DOLLARS.

They'll also be putting up digital versions of the deleted singles soon too.

Needless to say, I've purchased the flacs of Autopia and have them on my Blackberry.

Great bargain.
    Just to mention there is a new album due early next year.
    Last edited by Troy; 19th September 2011 at 22:44.

There's some serious music to be had from bandcamp.........and most in Flac if you want it. Beats me why all bands can't do this. I nigh on pish myself when they boast HQ MP3's lol.
    Last edited by Zygote23; 19th September 2011 at 18:38.

Blog Entries

Yeah, spotted that.

Also the Autopia price has gone up to around $10

Where's the vinyl?

+ Reply to Thread