+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 360 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Spinning Today (pt 2)

just kickin back

Great album, she's not as bad as most make out.

Saw this in Oxfam today and did that pick up-put down thing a few times before deciding not to buy it. Is it one of their better albums and worth a listen?

If its in good nick, I`d go back for it Gary, I think its an excellent album
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Elitist scum vinyl owner

Its good that Keef innit. Much more laid back and Shponglesque.

NP

Marvelous stuff.

PF Pulse on DVD.

I feel like shit today so having a lazy day in front of the goggle box.

Gary, did you catch Pink Floyd plays DSOTM live the other night on SKy Arts channel?

No Rocks, we have freeview through our virgin box free of charge so don't think that includes that channel. I refuse to pay a subscription for a load of crap channels we will never ever watch. The freeview channels are enough on their own.

My new Gorillaz LP arrived the other day so its getting its first spin its called plastic beach
    BP has left the building

just kickin back

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    Its good that Keef innit. Much more laid back and Shponglesque.
    Yup i think tis shite hot. Fritz dosnt get it mind, no taste these wimmin, pah.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Blog Entries

a bit of narcisism today, I played the CD that was created as part of the employability course I did at the Reeltime studio, including a group song and three individual projects. first time I've played it since the course ended 3 weeks ago. very pleased with it too. I contributed to the group song - playing guitars, midi keyboard and mixing/editing/arranging and producing, and created a folk/electronica hybrid piece based around an altered-tuning guitar arrangement of the traditional northumbrian folk tune 'bonny at morn' using Propellerheads Reason and Protools 'Xpand!'
    Reeltime also put the documentary on youtube

Fuse One - Silk

In the early 80's a group of the most unbelievable musicians got together to record 3 jazz/funk fusion albums. This clip is from the second album entitled Silk and is called 'In Celebration of the Human Spirit'.

Apparently, Wynton Marsalis is not a fan of fusion and this album doesn't appear on his discography. Well Wynton, here you are, grooving out with Stanley Clarke!

Musicians on the albums included, the likes of Joe Farrell, John McLaughlin, Larry Coryell, Lenny White, Stanley Clarke, George Benson and many more

All three albums rock.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Lets go all retro stoner with Black Mountain's "In the Future" LP. It comes in a nice thick cardboard sleeve to give it more of that "made in 1970" feel about it.

Not bad nonetheless.

Underworld - Barking.

I like this
    Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman? Or an image that teaches lies? For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation; he makes idols that cannot speak. (Habakkuk 2:18)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

just kickin back

Frisser,obviously, in the car earlier waiting at a fekin census check. So i wicked it up to piss em off.

51hjvdMLCWL._SS500_.jpg
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Underworld - Barking.

I like this
    Nope, dont get it. Played it again today and its still utter tripe. Underworld have sold out to chartland if you ask me. Lacks creativeness, rhythm and emotion. Its cold, dull lifeless and easily their worst release to date including the Underneath the Radar and Change the Weather years.
    TBH Underworld haven't been the same since Emerson left.

What I did notice though was how quiet and well recorded the vinyl was. After that its a big pile of steaming dogs turd.
    Only in my opinion of course
    Really disappointing

Well, I have listened to this three times today, purely as research you know.

Subsequently, I have come to the conclusion that this is the perfect album. So, I now own the original LP, the shitty CD, the SACD and today have purchased the 200g Impulse LP.

The rest are just playing at it. No apologies for the large pic.

+ Reply to Thread