+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latin American singer HELP!

Default Latin American singer HELP!

I used to have an album by a singer whose name I can't spell correctly. I think she was called Edi Cormea. Very popular in South America in the 70's. But I need a definite spelling for the name. Anyone with knowledge of Latin American music who knows the artist I am on about?

Stan, could it have been Elis Regina? Brazilian singer of some repute in the 1970`s

Or.... closer to your spelling but not really brazilian is Eydie Gorme who is American (New Yorker) worked mostly in Big Bands doing swing type music, but did some latin style music in the mid seveties.
    Last edited by Andy831; 13th December 2010 at 08:01.
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Thanks Andy. It's Eydie Gormé. The way her name is written is what has had me snookered for years. I had her album Al Gormé, which I consider to be one of the best Latin American recording ever. Well worth picking up if anyone comes across it.

Glad to be of help Stan. You should also look up Elis Regina she really is an ace Brazilian singer
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

I am not so much into Portuguese music, although samba is the exception.
    Eydie brings back certain nostalgic memories for me from my past life, when I mixed with South American dictators etc. in my teens. My uncle was secretary of state then, and another uncle had to go on TV at gun point once to announce the overthrow of the local elected government. Those were weird days...

+ Reply to Thread