+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Turntable

Blog Entries

Tbh I'm enjoying it just like it is Andy and I don't feel any need to alter the plinth, it sounds fine just like it is. If I'm being realistic the next upgrade would be to sell the Audiomods arm and go for a 12 incher.
    Si.

Blog Entries

Two more idlers to add to the fleet. One of them is very original and will remain in its production plinth, the other will be replinthed. Pics soon
    Si.

Eck that was a good thread to catch up on for a 401 plinth building first poster. One of the joys of life - reading up a new hifi forum and researching plinth builds. Great write ups thanks for the care.

I would build a solid for hi WAF and beauty (Shindo heaven) but my skill level is skeletal and I read that the sound character of skeletal maybe more to my liking

401, lp12, ittok,r300,naim pres and power, 2 x WAD Mullard 5 20's,esl 57's, Tannoy 611's, 3 Naks and oddly B&O kit oh yes a shure m75 and a Denon 160

Blog Entries

Well thanks for that Ian. I sold my 401 as I guess I just wasn't committed enough to the idler philosophy. I liked what it did but I preferred what my Empire did better.
    Si.

Blog Entries

Hbm. B. Kbb b bbb m
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

You been on the pop again?

Nah its Kennys slant on morse code. No doubt we will be enlightened later on.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Blog Entries

Yeah c'mon Kenny let's be havin' it
    Si.

you having a fit Kenny?

Blog Entries

Here's a shot of my Empire with recently fitted rebuilt Notts Analogue arm and Benz cart.

Haven't decided what to do with the arm rest. The Notts doesn't have one, the arm parks on the cueing device when not in use but I'd rather it had something proper hence the temporary looking shepherds crook thing.
    Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    you having a fit Kenny?

Bet its something to do with that piss easy squeezie box he bought off stevio.

Si . Thats does the trick for now though. Could you bastardise one of those half round cable clip thingys or is that whats in use now ?.

Spose the armtubes dia is too big for a SL1200 arm rest ,which you can pick up for a fiver and mount onto a nice shaft to compliment the Empire.
    Last edited by KB1; 6th January 2012 at 20:02. Reason: afterthought
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Blog Entries

Yes it works ok for now I suppose Keith. The arm tube is nearly 15mm in diameter so I'm a bit limited for choice. I reckon I'm going to have to make something. It'll have to stop like that for a bit though as I can't see any end to these twelve hour days and I'm working seven days a week. That doesn't give me much play time and I'm fookin' bushed tbh. Doesn't help that I more or less took the end off my finger in the bench saw last week due to lack of concentration so I just come home now, get showered, eat and then go to bed
    Si.

Bushed is putting it lightly i would imagine Si. I thought you arms diameter looked quite big,hence me touching on it re the Tecky clip. As you say 'stuff it,it aint going anywhere'. Take care mate dont burn out ffs.

keith.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

+ Reply to Thread