+ Reply to Thread

Thread: more jazz tonight carnegie hall!!!

Thumbs up more jazz tonight carnegie hall!!!

well i had a good night out at courtney pine last night , a great band , not the easiest listen ,

but tonight if any one is interested , cyrus chestnut , show , he is very good piano , as is the way little info on his band i suspect it will be local scottish players , but any wya
    it should be a good evening,

15 a ticket .had my tea out at the last show a tenner for a nice two course meal , basic sort of thing , but pleasently presented etc, but again no idea in advance of the bloody menue so you book on a wing and a prayer, i had a nice salmon salad and nice plate of frresh veg , cake and custard to follow, a tenner.

the courtney was a sell out sound was ok , but still got hammered all night by the f''KING BASS DRUM AND low bass strings, sound men.
    jb

still got these nice martin logan electrostatics for sale if any one is interested 550 to go .????
    nice oak trims on em.

jb

Sorry didn't make it, weent to the Adam Smith instead. The Red Stripe band, not sticktly jazz more beebop -Fats Domino type of stuff, good entertainment tho'. They have a , well I suppose you could call her a singer, but a better description is a 'body' just about worht the money to see her. As I said good entertainment.
    Coincidences - Gods way of reminding you that he's here.

no proba at all , also you had a good night , so that the main thing .

sounds like a good band , did you get a cd ???

hope it was busy , really hard trying to get peeps out for any sort of jazz , ecept the song book tribute shit it seems , mind you the various radio shows etc all seem to push a good anmount of the middle of the road stuff.

regards
    jb .

+ Reply to Thread