+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joe Bonamassa

Default Joe Bonamassa

Last edited by wiicrackpot; 20th February 2011 at 10:02. Reason: live.

Bloody hell, how many has he churned out now ?. Have to be honest ive listened via spotify to some of his stuff but i just dunno which would be a good starter album. Does the guy sleep or live in the studio ?. I like the kind of blues that he is a playing on your Albert Hall link but i guess his albums contain varied stuff ?. Wanna put yer nads on the block and suggest one Andy ?. Oh yeah,has to be vinyl.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Hi Keith, long time no speak, can't help with recco's i am afraid as i'm only new to him myself, chap at work who is some kind of guitarist mentioned him to me, think i'll start with the Albert Hall dvd and work backwards, definately get a couple of earlier one's and cherry pick later one's.

Like you not big in blues music (last one i bought was Prof's recco Big George and the Business 'home of the wolf' album, ditto with you about his style of blues, interesting to know he prefers the euro blues than traditionally strong influence of Delta blues on American astists, he cites Eric Clapton, Rory Gallagher, Jeff Beck...etc are his favourites, maybe someone will spot this and advise.

Ok Andy. I've been listening on and off today via spotify Bonamassas 'live from nowhere in particular' . Good mix of what he is about i think. Oh and available on the black stuff,so i may take a punt on that one.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Quote Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
    Ok Andy. I've been listening on and off today via spotify Bonamassas 'live from nowhere in particular' . Good mix of what he is about i think. Oh and available on the black stuff,so i may take a punt on that one.
    Good for you, let me know what you think, i'll keep a keen eye on the Bay, with output like his, it's a case of weeding out the chaff, what i feel with some artists with prolific output is some stuff feels like they're going through the mill, they may become polish as performers but they loose the raw energy or edge that made them, their output becomes patchy and formalaic to say the least.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by wiicrackpot View Post
    Good for you, let me know what you think, i'll keep a keen eye on the Bay, with output like his, it's a case of weeding out the chaff, what i feel with some artists with prolific output is some stuff feels like they're going through the mill, they may become polish as performers but they loose the raw energy or edge that made them, their output becomes patchy and formalaic to say the least.

Cheers!

Exactly Andy, and this is what has given me so much indecision about the guy. Ive read one or two hacks words in the past which go a bit like 'oh bloody hell not another fekin album from joe'. It kind of put me off plus there are so many albums of his to dem i would get bored shiteless trying to suss out which one to buy. So until i change my mind its gonna be that live one,lol.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Exactly Andy, and this is what has given me so much indecision about the guy. Ive read one or two hacks words in the past which go a bit like 'oh bloody hell not another fekin album from joe'. It kind of put me off plus there are so many albums of his to dem i would get bored shiteless trying to suss out which one to buy. So until i change my mind its gonna be that live one,lol.
    Keith. just back from having a peep in Ebay, think you're right in choosing 'live from nowhere', 3LP set so should cover a lot of ground, 'Sloe Gin' looks good as well as the 2 mentioned albums are what i like best, live and acoustic.

Just had a squint and i can only find frisser verions on the bay. Can get it on vinyl from amazulu for around 20 quid new.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

That was until i put in a bastardised search on the bay!. Even so 30 quid, yer avin a larf rockbox.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Listen to 10,000,000 guitars Keef.

The pro tab ?
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

ahh it's not on spotify, soz

Fink i wus cocking me leg up the wrong lampost Paul. Gimme something to go on and with luck i will find it.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Fink i wus cocking me leg up the wrong lampost Paul. Gimme something to go on and with luck i will find it.
    Same here Keith, thats Prof in cryptic mode to confuse us 'old yins'.

Was getting my bluesists mixeded up, was thinking of Poppa Chubby, dunno why

don't like any of his new stuff, gone too comercial for me, Sloe Gin, Blues deluxe and You and Me are by far his best recordings for me

just got Sloe Gin on Vinyl today, fantastic album, one of his best, live from nowhere in particular is also very good, will reserve judgement on new album until I hear it in full
    The answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything, Simple!! 42 of course

+ Reply to Thread