+ Reply to Thread

Thread: on the scroung , again!!!

Cool on the scroung , again!!!

well i have a been given a couple of decks for a musci room project i am working on ,a jvc thing and a sharp , both really cheap plastic things , but i am hoping some one in hear might have a coupel of c heap stylus , compleat that are sitting in a draw , but with a working needle , any thing simple , not sure these will work , but i have a letter out at work at work for say a old sony thing or a dual , /rotel , but i am getting me oil and duster out to see if i can get these spinning, also any one got some drive bands they want to pass on , ,i have spent money on amps and cheap speaker for this, so i am not keen to keep dipping in me funds, my circumstances are very changed for my self.

i would pay the postage if you conatact me, i have also a chance of the local shop used furniture etc, for a donation of a deck if one comes in , also been looking at the free stuff but nothing comeing along,

i had a couple of orfoton , om5 from previous decks , and other things in my bits box,but it all got passed on to a shop for a tenner!!. i dont have a needle at all at the moment ,

i got a few cleaners and a couple of other excessorarys to fiddle with and help me along from a local music dept .

is there a plase in hear to give a step by step, slow, and clear how to put a stylus on to a arm i will need to i suspect print off a guide , i think i might have one of johnnys from in hear , a plastic laminate thing. i would like to show th ekids how to do this , as well.eventually ,i will look to getting a simple book about this, to expalin it to the kids.

regards
    jazzbass.
    Last edited by jazzbass; 14th April 2011 at 13:00. Reason: terrrible finger stuff

What kind of cart fitting Richie? Some of the cheap 80's decks had a T4P cart fitting, can you take foaties of the headshells?

Richie, PM sent...

G.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

thanks all the sharp thing is in the bin , ,old allover the inside, rusted ,

teh jvc same place, f@@ked and the some

so i have been back to the record cleaner, idea, got a little washer pump from car , 12 volt got it runnoing , very very quiet , but it need cibstant water, so i apperently need a old mini pump as they used a diaphfram, for the pump , tried the hover at 12 volts, not enought but i am thinking just get the hoover to runn at less than 240 volt, , so i will look in to this , it would be a easy fix if i had a box of tricks, would also reduced the hoover noise considerable.

the dysom , is the worst noise making thing , on the planet , even worse than my self, its in the bin also ,

got a 800 watt panasonic , but it get i think hot and cuts out??

myu water catcher thing is great no prob;lems there,,

pushing records round by hand ok , but i gotta get some end pipe thing sorted for speed of the whole process , but actuallu just holding the little pipe isnt too much of a hard ship , cleaned a few records after emptying the dust bag on em and rubbing the dirt in m got the majority off, i an not at all sure the paint pad brush is thin enought to get in to the grooves i am convinced, i ahve some dreaught sealant furry stiff this seems much finner i will try this, also been using a screen cleaner from asda to ty for a cleaning soulutuion works in some ways good, but not really for the job , also been hand spraying a little russ andrews stuff on me pad, got a load of micro fibre clothers gto dry records with these work very well in deed almost totally dry after one wipe around,

so the answer to how hard can it be seems q good bit hard ,

still ahve the fish pump idea to try ,.

any one got a old one in the loft!!! pump that is .

regards
    jb

shirley is muchbetter up today and oprn her peeper , the quiet times are over !!!

jb
    Last edited by jazzbass; 15th April 2011 at 17:34. Reason: fingers !!!

+ Reply to Thread