+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Senna film

Default Senna film

Nobody would go and watch it with me so I went ma self last night. It was fantastic I really enjoyed it and when the bag of pop corn was finished I watched the film which was good as well.Its well worth making the effort to see this film quite emotional, Paints Prost as a bit of a bawbag.

Iain
    BP has left the building

I saw a bootleg copy a few weeks ago, don;t know if i'd go to the cinema to see it, but well worth watching, as you say Prost and more so Balestre are painted as the baddies, in fact the way everyone is calling for him to be banned, reminds me of a certain young englishman today.

Blog Entries

I went to see it on thursday with my employee pass. Absolutely amazing stuff. I also have a pristine, genuine Movie poster (double sided, reverse side printed backwards for fitting in back-lit poster displays)

I agree with Paul re the Lewis parallels. In particular the incident where prost and senna collided and the marshalls effectively gave senna a bump start and he took off down the escape road (ultimately winning, then being disqualified) reminded me of Lewis' excursion onto the gravel in China when he was en route to the pits (2007?) and was waving frantically in the hope of a push back onto the pit lane road.

The thing that always suprises me about Senna's fatal accident is that it doesn't look like a massive impact, when compared with, in recent times Kubica's flying excursion in Canada or Webber's back-flip in Valencia last year, both of which the drivers walked away from without a scratch.

It goes to show how far safety has come since that, the last fatal F1 accident. Apparently it was a freak chance that the steering column broke at the exact angle.

Anyway, I thought the film was very enlightening about Ayrton's life and I learned a lot of new things about him.

+ Reply to Thread