+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Si gets a Systemdek lol.

Hi Glen

If it was my deck i wouldn't upgrade to acrylic, will make it more detailed, less relaxed, more like the clear audio. BTW glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Hi Glen

If it was my deck i wouldn't upgrade to acrylic, will make it more detailed, less relaxed, more like the clear audio. BTW glad you like it
    i'll just upgrade the arm & needle then paul & a wall shelf, what arm was that 1 you showed me in the shop was it an sme arm?

I showed you an Audio Origami PU7

Blog Entries

I'm glad your happy with it Glenn. I've never heard the Systemdek with anything other than the glass platter and even though I use an acrylic platter on my own deck I'd probably go with Paul and say leave it alone. Wait until you hear the deck with a better arm and cartridge. I guarantee you'll be knocked over.
    Si.

I sold my dek before i met j7, otherwise i might have got a PU7 for it as well. Reckon it will sing with a better arm.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by Chops54 View Post
    I'm glad your happy with it Glenn. I've never heard the Systemdek with anything other than the glass platter and even though I use an acrylic platter on my own deck I'd probably go with Paul and say leave it alone. Wait until you hear the deck with a better arm and cartridge. I guarantee you'll be knocked over.
    yeah think i'll get a wall shelf 1st then arm & cartridge & leave the rest alone it's a true saying if it's no broken why fix it. I'm going to new york in october so i'll decide what i'm going to do arm & cartridge wise after i come home. any way thanks for a great turn table simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chops54 View Post
    yep, others may of course disagree Glen, but as you said, you like what it does, don;t go changing for the sake of it, change it when you hear something better, an acrylic platter will sound different, you MAY like the difference, but you MAY NOT, best not to take the chance I say, better the devil you know, besides you've only had it five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    yep, others may of course disagree Glen, but as you said, you like what it does, don;t go changing for the sake of it, change it when you hear something better, an acrylic platter will sound different, you MAY like the difference, but you MAY NOT, best not to take the chance I say, better the devil you know, besides you've only had it five minutes.
    yeah i know paul but the modding bug's bitting already lol

Quote Originally Posted by evoslug View Post
    yeah i know paul but the modding bug's bitting already lol

thats the path where madness lies. (Si can do it fine, he has his own machine shop, for the rest of us it's expensive)

Blog Entries

A better cartridge wouldn't come amiss though. A Denon DL110 would be fine in that RB250 then sit back and enjoy it for while.

And before I forget, thanks Paul for calling me when you did, it was appreciated.
    Si.

yeah think i'll get a wall shelf 1st then arm & cartridge & leave the rest alone it's a true saying if it's no broken why fix it. I'm going to new york in october so i'll decide what i'm going to do arm & cartridge wise after i come home. any way thanks for a great turn table simon.

hiya , well i have standard black metal target record player wall shelf for saleifyour interested , wod shelf , for the top , 30 pounds plusthe posatage it standerd weight sort of thing , bracket etc,

jb .i cannot tuse it in my listenning space at all ,

jb

you got any pictures of the shelf mate?

Blog Entries

i'll just upgrade the arm & needle then paul & a wall shelf, what arm was that 1 you showed me in the shop was it an sme arm?
    heheh similar build quality to a sme ....
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

You don't need a 'photo Glen,come up and see mine. Nice and simple, just does the job.
    Coincidences - Gods way of reminding you that he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    You don't need a 'photo Glen,come up and see mine. Nice and simple, just does the job.
    saw 1 on ebay dougie, looks ok realy had my heart set on the hi-fi racks 1 but then again £30 against £300 it's a no brainer realy aint it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    mine from memory is the same srt of thing as dougies ,

but i do have a rather nice cherry ood solid thing six shelfs big tall thing for sale also , £70 and its yours it is heavy it retailed for about £300

regards
    jb ,

might also sell a nice quadrashpere long thing but you will need to pick itup it weighs a ton .

jb

as dougie says, it's simple, angle iron frame, not pretty, but functional, i have a similar one and have 65kg on it, £30 is around the going rate too, and Jazzbass lives in the kingdom, so not too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbass View Post
    mine from memory is the same srt of thing as dougies ,

but i do have a rather nice cherry ood solid thing six shelfs big tall thing for sale also , £70 and its yours it is heavy it retailed for about £300

regards
    jb ,

might also sell a nice quadrashpere long thing but you will need to pick itup it weighs a ton .

jb
    the shelf you are selling for £30 will do me fine mate it's just to get my systemdek on the wall. Paul mentioned you stay in the kingdom, i'm in kirkcaldy so not to far away from you i could maybe come & pick it up one nite?
    Last edited by evoslug; 1st September 2011 at 18:39. Reason: made a mistake

Blog Entries

Richie, I'm interested in the cherry wood rack. Can you put up a pic?
    Si.

yes soon i have a busy week , but it is also a heavy bugger , but i got it in the post , will also ned to find abig strong box,

i will kep you posted itsyours if you like the pictures ,
    jb .

+ Reply to Thread