+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squeezebox

Blog Entries

Default Squeezebox

I'm hooked. Piece of piss to get working in 10 minutes.

That is all.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Totally agree
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

I got a network player. Plugs into router. Sounds fine and easy to set up. Plays just about any kind of file type including movies and pictures. Great wee device.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Tempted to have a dabble just so I can then clear out the +700 odd cds currently stored in my listening room to make way for more vinyl storage
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Blog Entries

I would, Andy. that said, I've had mine streaming internet radio most of today. As happy as a pig in poo! Just need a second unit for the dining room system now.

I usually listen to Planet Rock on a Saturday morning (Friday night in UK) Alice Cooper is the DJ, very witty and good music too.

Done it Kenny

The Touch is on special at Amazon for £135

Not sure what to do with it once it arrives but we shall cross that bridge when we get to it
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Just ask if you are stuck Andy. I think I'd have bought another Touch if I'd spotted the Amazon deal ffs! They seem to do it periodically though so heres hoping. I wonder what Logitech have planned as their next offering in the streaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zygote23 View Post
    Just ask if you are stuck Andy. I think I'd have bought another Touch if I'd spotted the Amazon deal ffs! They seem to do it periodically though so heres hoping. I wonder what Logitech have planned as their next offering in the streaming world.
    Thanks for the kind offer, I will probably need some help I am a dunce at IT stuff

Blog Entries

Just discovered the world of 3rd party plugins. have installed a CD player plugin, which will play a CD from the PC CD Drive through the squeezebox. gobsmacked.

LMAO....I'm so lazy I just plug these things in and let go. Apart from a few internet radio channels and the music from the HDD I'd never thought of anything else. I've 26 000 tracks or so on the HDD and still only manage to listen to a fraction of them. Sometimes I sync the three players I have but it's also great fun to have say Brian Eno blaring in the loungs, Steve Roach in the Kitchen and Pete Namlook in my bedroom (erm.....not in person...!) then go sit on the stairs and ambient wig out lol.

Blog Entries

yeah to be honest, am listening to cryosleep and bluemars a lot at the moment. just tried out the cd playing plugin, then went back to streaming. much easier whilst I'm busy trying to get my college log book up to date. otherwise I stick a cd on, then sit in silence for for the remainder of the evening once it's finished.

I've still got a long way to go to get all my music organised, so internet radio it is for the time being. Have also found Celtic Music Radio, the Glasgow-based trad station that will be on DAB over Celtic Connections, though it seems to be working sporadically. not sure why.

Also check out
    Fluid Radio
    Limbik Frequencies

Blog Entries

got them bookmarked, had a brief listen last week, will investigate them again soon!

I have 4 Tb of disk space on my NAS streaming to the SB touch, just set to random song and away we go. I bought an Audio GB NFB2 DAC and it has improved the sound no end.

Blog Entries

the nfb2 look like a good unit I think I'll stick with the Arcam for the time being. since a large proportion of my stuff is mp3 there's probably not a whole lot of point right now. the SB is purely for providing constant background music, rather than audiophile reproduction at the moment.

The on board Dac in my SB touch is certainly no slouch, so given my useage is similar to Kenny`s I think I will also stick with the onboard one.

I am very impressed with the whole streaming concept.

When we auditioned a friends NFB2 it was my wife that said "when are we getting one" I just had to oblige.

Blog Entries

yeah after a comment like that, it'd be rude not to!
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

I found that you get used to the sound, so every now and then I take the DAC out and wow the difference is amasing.

+ Reply to Thread