+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Squeezebox

Blog Entries

have to confess i've just plugged in my blackberry earbuds to the jack socket and listened whilst working on my college logbook. need some decent earphones I think.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Not tried the phones on mine.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Blog Entries

Finally started ripping my CDs to FLAC. I've been at it, on and off, for around 3-4 weeks, evenings when I'm not working. I'm still on 'C'
    I'm using two machines to rip using EAC as well. This is going to be a long job.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Indeed it will, I haven't finished mine yet. I'm also using EAC but I'm ripping to WAV as storage space is not a problem with 2x 2Tb drives in my NAS.
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Blog Entries

dreading the Classical section, consisting as it does of a few Brilliant Classics box sets (including Mozart @ 170 discs, and Bach @ 160 ) Still got at least 1000 to go before I have to even begin to think about it...

that sounds like a great box set of the mozart, can you give me the title or where you got i t, i have once or twice wondered abnout buying a big compleate collection , i misssed a big bach set , 100 cds, a while ago one only in a locla shop went for 65 the punter in front of me got it, !!!

that life i supose, still i got a nice littel jazz record or two the same time, and have enjoyed them , especiallyy on m,e little second systemi haveben using whilst waiting to get my biggr system up and running , .

i have vowed never to buy classic fm magazine again , the cds are attroucious , not even sure they are at the correct pitch etc,

jazzbass

Blog Entries

you can get them from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...nt+box&x=0&y=0
    or from brilliant classics

http://www.brilliantclassics.com/special_editions.aspx

or from presto classical

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/s/Complete%2BEditions

presto often have special offers so it's worth checking periodically. I dare say that ebay sellers will probably do some deals as well.

just read this at another place

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/promot...?affid=1546795

almost tempted myself for the bedroom.

Blog Entries

yeah, a great deal if you can get hold of one. the touch will take a usb stick or microSD card as well.

I have just joined the band waggon, What a brilliant piece of kit I'm hooked.
    BP has left the building

Blog Entries

What did you get Iain? Touch or Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    What did you get Iain? Touch or Classic?
    It's a touch Kenny
    BP has left the building

Blog Entries

Nice one the touch is the duck's nuts. useful for hooking up a usb hard drive (or a 32Gb usb stick or SD card) and running squeezebox server on the touch itself, which will control up to 2 more squeezebox devices.
    Hooked isn't the word...
    I've ordered one of them Raspberry Pi 25 ARM computers in the hope that I can run it as a squeezebox server with an external hard drive. Have got to the bottom of why I've had no success getting the server to work on Linux so far. it's to do with user permissions. a quick summary is that when you hook up a usb drive, Linux automounts it to the current desktop user. meanwhile squeezebox server is running with its own user, completely independantly. the file permissions mean that the squeezebox server user can't see the usb drive. so there's got to be a bit of permission jiggerypokery to overcome that.
    Haven't got round to trying it out yet, mainly cos I'm ripping CDs like a d(a)emon at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by cartridgemangler View Post
    mainly cos I'm ripping CDs like a d(a)emon at the moment...
    Yeah I know what you mean, it feels like an endless task
    Garrard 301 with SME 3012, Garrard 401 with PU7 both in slate plinths, Puresound P10, Highphonics SUT, Glasshouse TVC Passive Pre, Bel Canto Set 40 (845 power amp), Tannoy GRF Memory`s

Blog Entries

it is that. I'm now onto 'F', although I have a small pile of problem discs that won't read with bad scratches, a few empty cases that I've mislaid the discs for. That said, I went to rip Buena vista social club and found an Evanescense disc in the tray underneath the BVSC disc. the Evanesence case was empty. both have barnardos price stickers on so I must have bought them at the same time and absent mindedly put two disc in one case. I suspect there will be others.

ripping on two machines as well, which should halve the time. though I need to transfer nearly 100Gb to the external drive from the laptop.
    If I get to Ozric before the mayans get to us I'll be doing well.

Kenny I bought my one from Mr Logitech as a half price damaged box. There was nothing wrong with the box when it arrived so a bit of a bargain. Also when I am not using it I now have a digi clock with date etc.

Now pretend you are someone new to music/hifi and not an old head with baggage. Would you seriously buy a record player/ fancy cd player when you could have a streamer for a 120?

Ems
    BP has left the building

Sorry I should add that i'm not trying to be troll like with that last comment just an observation.
    BP has left the building

does this mean you're selling your records?
    First dibs if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Roksoff View Post
    does this mean you're selling your records?
    First dibs if so.

As the wee fat man said only when the sun melts the rocks. You can have first dibs. lol
    BP has left the building

If you are having trouble with getting EAC to rip some dodgy discs give Dbpoweramp a try for just those discs.....works for me sometimes. I try to stick to EAC though as it's the bestest!

+ Reply to Thread