+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fife great jazz gig kyle eastwood

Default fife great jazz gig kyle eastwood

just a not to tell very one about a great gig comming u at the carnegie hall dunfermline , part of a line up in a couple of weeks, kyle east wood agreat young bass layer, with also a great iano pplayer you wil need to look up details in the fife jazz festival , any way
    piano player is a player from newyork ffrom memory , but he is a good plaer i think he has also played in wynton marsalis , various bands, .

i am hapy to met any one in the bar for a drink before hand , the last show i went to had the peter erskine big band , some swedish band , it was great ,
    anyway hapy for any one to pm etc.

i wontbe going to anything else not realy for me , but you might findsoemthing else that takes your fancy .

jb ,

also the carnegie is a great little venue for htese sort of things, it holds about 550 i think,

That's Clint Eastwoods laddie, crackin tunes, might get to that myself.
    Last edited by The Professor; 20th January 2012 at 20:00.

you will need to get a riggle on it sold out in st andrews and from shirly who works in the placethe dunfermline is selling out fast than a fast thing, the wife might really enjoy the gig , shirley like a bit of mad groovy jazz from time to time, in act she often has a blast , she was itching to get up and dance in the isles at the courtney pine gig last year, !!!!

i have had a lost a coule of his bands cds , the ianist sound like he is very interesting as well.

tickets at the usher hall for things lke this are usually£25 plus,

i have seen loads of live shows at the hall for a lot less than £15 , i mean loads of alternative folk , jazz and mixed up bands .eddy reader was a good night too , £12 !

i saw a great french clarinetist at the halls a couple of years ago playing a french jazz show it was one of the best gigs i have ever seem live, second to miles davies at the scc twenty years ago , in glasgow, .honsetly a very musical inspired night.

i dont understand why peole dont get of there arses for lve music, any way

be good to your ears , have a punt , mind you the cd at the gig is always a dissapointment when you get it home to play the thing,

just life,

there is a good sound system at the halls as well , just deppends if they have a good engineer with them .

regards
    jb
    jb
    Last edited by jazzbass; 20th January 2012 at 20:03. Reason: shit typing

Nearly too late for Kyle already. . . . straight to the web site and . . . . as Richie said St Andrews gone, SOLD OUT, nane left!!. . . .

Missed them the last time I looked, but will get a Dunf's ticket straight away....

Cheers Richie,

Off to see Paul Jones and Dave Kelly tomorrow night at Kinross.... that'll do for now...
    Last edited by WullieD20; 20th January 2012 at 21:39. Reason: Basic frug up - misread the brochure
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

[QUOTE=WullieD20;100768]Nearly too late for Kyle already. . . . straight to the web site and . . . . as Richie said St Andrews gone, SOLD OUT, nane left!!. . . .

Missed them the last time I looked, but will get a Dunf's ticket straight away....

Cheers Richie,

Off to see Paul Jones and Dave Kelly tomorrow night at Kinross.... that'll do for now...[/QUOTE

sounds like a good night out as well, i went to tthe green room i am resumming you are there for your show , any way went for a blue thing it was rather good but sadly 9 in the audiance, !!two mics and a monitor and the sound man still fooked it up .!!! .

anyway
    i have been acouel of time itry to support them , but the place has a bit of a soleless feel when i have been there , .

i am out my self tommorow, scottish bass trust are helping to support the edinburgh schools concert for the bbc charity at the usher hall on sunday afterneeo , so we got a bit of a run through tommorow with the kids a bass ensemble with about 45 bass players !, we are playing a pop song and a little classical thing , 8 min slot .

jb

so whos comming along,
    also comming up

at the carnegie mightbe of intrest , wilco johnson CARNEGIE THEATRE ,HUGH cornwell on at the adam smith theatre in kirkaldy friday , not forme , but he might put on a good show,

regARDS
    JB

I've got mi' tickets, hope to see you there.
    Coincidences - Gods way of reminding you that he's here.

+ Reply to Thread