+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh Goddess those middle-of-the-road smooth Country lps still work for me ...

Default Oh Goddess those middle-of-the-road smooth Country lps still work for me ...

I dug out a Readers Digest set of Smooth Country with a Charity shop in mind , plus my Jim Reeves lps including my early 60s scored to death by Dansette , Camdens .

Spinning secretively , with headphones , I was scared to find that I could only ditch a few albums . and that I still love the shiny sleeves of mint lps bought dirt cheap in the 80s / 90s ... the magic still works for me , momentarily , stilling some of the hash of my Autism . I also dropped a two lp Jim Reeves compilation into the Digest box , in case I am forced to clear the others .

I guess that the Gunter Kallmann choir is the nearest to real smaltz - memories of a school time trip to the Black Forest and cutie Leni ...

What next ? Ken Dodd ? Mantovani ? Rolf Harris ?
    It's nothing to do with age , I recall rushing out to buy 7" Distant Drums sung by a dead guy with a lot of help with overdubbing - it seems that it was not mean't to see the light of day .
    Back to the Eighties imminent ...

I like a bit of Rolf now and again. Hey dee, who has the right to judge you? You listen to whatever you like and sod everyone else. I used to enjoy a war themes LP with all the classics on and would love to get another copy.

Wanna this sucker was it Gary ?

My old man used to hammer this what seemed like all the time. Think my blister may have it now.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

I had that one !
    Back to the Eighties imminent ...

Quote Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
    Wanna this sucker was it Gary ?

My old man used to hammer this what seemed like all the time. Think my blister may have it now.
    Yes it was that one. Note my lightening fast response to this. They don't call me Speedy G for nothing.

Lol. Hey speedy there a rucks of copies on Discogs. Funny really as the average postage is 3 x what peeps want for the album. 99p for a trip down memory lane, cant be bad.
    Tally ho, bandits at 3'oclock.

Elitist scum vinyl owner

+ Reply to Thread