+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Alnico Series Signature (A.R.T. New flagship)

Are they doing an 8 inch version of the Alnicos?
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    There's two Polarbears!

Don't worry, there is only the one Polarbear, the demo room wasn't big enough for two!

Heres a couple of pics of the room we used at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Are they doing an 8 inch version of the Alnicos?
    not likely

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    not likely
    Bummer.

The rooms looks good. What's the arm on the TT?
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Paul, is that a different speed changer?
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by ESK View Post
    Paul, is that a different speed changer?
    yes, and no, it's all in one box now, the box is same shape, just bigger.

Tonearm is Da Vinci Labs Virtu, it's stunning, but then so it should be given the cost (if you have to ask.....)

Blog Entries

looks stunning! certainly looks a lot more interesting than my weekend, cooped up in a metal-walled room making popcorn, or being the epicentre of a dropped tray of soft drinks whilst feeding the kids at pizza hut.

can't wait to hear these. it'll be the closest thing I get. a bit like getting to stroke a Ferrari key-fob.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

I'll be having the dem pair of the references at home this weekend for a week or so, my own pair will follow shortly after, can't wait.

Saw these 'speakers at Whittlebury and they were one of my favourites of the show.
    Valve Crusader...ridding the world of the scurge of Solid State

Reference Fidelity Components

Was looking on art's website today, looks like they have added a new alnico 8 to their alnico range of speakers.

Good to see they have a new website which is much better than the old one. But they imported the old text, which is full of poor punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by evoslug View Post
    Was looking on art's website today, looks like they have added a new alnico 8 to their alnico range of speakers.
    Yes, and a smaller version of my speakers too.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Good to see they have a new website which is much better than the old one. But they imported the old text, which is full of poor punctuation.
    Yeah noticed that they had a new website, they don't have the deco's or the moderne's on their webpage any more they must have discontinued them.

Any upgrades available to yours yet Paul? Now you've had them for a while, what do they excel at?

Quote Originally Posted by evoslug View Post
    Yeah noticed that they had a new website, they don't have the deco's or the moderne's on their webpage any more they must have discontinued them.
    Yes, the new ranges replaced the old. I spotted a link to an old Deco HFC review.

[QUOTE=The Professor;116422]Yes, and a smaller version of my speakers too.take it they are going to be a 3 way design with maybe a 10" base driver & the 8" mid ? just trying to picture what they will look like.

[QUOTE=evoslug;116426]
    Yes, and a smaller version of my speakers too.take it they are going to be a 3 way design with maybe a 10" base driver & the 8" mid ? just trying to picture what they will look like.

They look like mine, exactly, but they are shorter, same drivers, same baffle, but no aluminium top, and they are veneered. Called Alnico 12, can be had with standard and signature crossover. The refs will still be available.

Gary mine have had a tweak to the reflex port, suits new room better, what do the excel at? Everything! Really do sound special, I can't see me needing to change them, but I have my eye on some new amps from a new scottish company, but they aren't ready yet.

Ps the Decos are not quite discontinued, just not current production, if you really wanted a pair they would make them for you. Having said that the new speakers are at least as good sounding and look better to 90% of the buyers, so if buying new why would anyone choose Decos over the new stuff? The Alnico tweeter makes the crescendo sound a bit hard and brittle in comparison, and the crescendo is an amazing tweeter. The Alnico midrange is so fast and vivid very lifelike, voices have a chestiness that is unapparent in most other speakers I have heard. The bass is amazing, it's easy to be drawn to it because it's so lifelike and tuneful, things going on down there I never knew existed.

As a whole utterly spellbinding, huge wide deep tall soundstage, in fact not really a soundstage, more like a hologram, you can look in and around. I love it.

Ps the Decos are not quite discontinued, just not current production, if you really wanted a pair they would make them for you. Having said that the new speakers are at least as good sounding and look better to 90% of the buyers, so if buying new why would anyone choose Decos over the new stuff? The Alnico tweeter makes the crescendo sound a bit hard and brittle in comparison, and the crescendo is an amazing tweeter. The Alnico midrange is so fast and vivid very lifelike, voices have a chestiness that is unapparent in most other speakers I have heard. The bass is amazing, it's easy to be drawn to it because it's so lifelike and tuneful, things going on down there I never knew existed.

As a whole utterly spellbinding, huge wide deep tall soundstage, in fact not really a soundstage, more like a hologram, you can look in and around. I love it.
    Yes your right their Paul i have always liked the deco 10 sigs but i think if i was going to by new arts i would be looking @ the neo 10 even if i bought the standards i could always upgrade later on to sigs, if i was going for bigger deco's than my 8s then i would look @ the 2nd hand market as they are starting to come in @ good prices now. Really liked the alnico's when i heard them even really impressed with the alnico precision.Actually liked them better than the deco 20 sigs, couldn't match them on base obviously but prefered the sound stage & decent base for a 6" base driver, i would imagine the alnico 8s would sound similar but with more base ?

+ Reply to Thread