+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sole in Hi- Fi Choice

Default Sole in Hi- Fi Choice

Yes, that's correct folks! Following on from last months Tony Bolton review & being awarded HFW's prestigious 5 globes we've just been awarded this equally prestigious accolade...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...hoiceaward.jpg

HFC's Neville Roberts did the honors of reviewing for Choice Extras - out in the September issue on sale soon.

Regards.

John R.

Another great five star review.Well done John. You`ll be giving up the day job soon.

regards.
    Steve1ooo
    LINN LP12/CIRCUS/Sole MK VI /LINGO/ A/O PU7/Audio Ortofon Cadaenza Bronze
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1ooo View Post
    Another great five star review.Well done John. You`ll be giving up the day job soon.

regards.
    Thanks very much Steve! Giving up the day job? Now that's a nice thought - I have come very close to it but not just yet, a few more years I think and then perhaps I'll take the plunge.

Cheers

John R.

Blog Entries

cant wait to read it...esp if its a 5 star job!!!

well done m8..... been a long road but you finally got there

bw
    j7
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

congrats John

Quote Originally Posted by j7 View Post
    cant wait to read it...esp if its a 5 star job!!!

well done m8..... been a long road but you finally got there

bw
    j7
    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    congrats John

Very kind of you Gentlemen! I was not expecting such a high accolade but there you go, I guess the product speaks for itself?

I really on a high having achieved two 5 globe/star reviews with the Sole - awesome!

Many thanks for your support over the years !

Regards

John

John,
    Hot damn! Very cool.
    Robert
    Robert
    SE LP12/Sole SubChassisVIII/SSP12/Hercules-Mober DC&PSU/Roksan NimaUnipivot+sKale/ZYX R50 Bloom L/Whest PS30R /CambridgeAudio Azur 851A/MerlinTSM/Mytek St192DACTascamDA-3000

Cheers Robert.

I see someone is going to DIY a Sole on Audio Karma using 3mm ally and Baltic birch -it'll be far too heavy and most probably sound leaden and ponderous as a result.

I hope he can get the ally to bond effectively too!

Regards

John R

Belated congratulations John. The sole goes from strength to strength.
    Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman? Or an image that teaches lies? For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation; he makes idols that cannot speak. (Habakkuk 2:18)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Belated congratulations John. The sole goes from strength to strength.
    Cheers Eddie! It certainly is; the little business is ticking over just fine with another two going to new owners next week. I do hope they'll be pleased.

Regards

John R.

Blog Entries

world is full of copiers

and so few short of innovators!!!
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

That's a true statement j7 many have tried but many have failed & there'll be more, no doubt.

Innovation is all part of staying ahead of the pack, whether it be sound quality or cost - one must keep an edge

Regards.

John R.

Hey John, I'm really pleased to see the Sole Mk6 as a HFC Awards 2012 Finalist in the Innovation category. Well done, that is a superb accolade.

'Great Linn subchassis upgrade, bringing real sonic rewards to the LP12 turntable.'

Smile Sole in Hi Fi Choice awards 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Hey John, I'm really pleased to see the Sole Mk6 as a HFC Awards 2012 Finalist in the Innovation category. Well done, that is a superb accolade.

'Great Linn subchassis upgrade, bringing real sonic rewards to the LP12 turntable.'

Hi TIU

Yes Sir and my thanks for posting this.

It was a very pleasant surprise for me too when HFC informed me I'd got into the finalists with the Sole. I'm very happy of course as it shows the Sole is a genuinely worthy product at its price point.

I am aware that perhaps I'm not pushing it enough, but whilst still holding down a demanding day job adds hat fact that I don't want to let any potential customers down with slow delivery. However, this will change in the future when one day I'll be full time producing my upgrades and quite possibly complete turntables !

I'd still like to see a broad test of all LP12 chassis options in one of the audio monthlies - one day perhaps it'll happen?

Cheers.

John R.

Well done John
    I have a Rock and I'm not afraid to use it.

Blog Entries

Push it Baby !!!!
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

For those who haven't seen it. I'm sure your order book will get busy John, these hi-fi mags are like bibles to some folk.
    Attached Images

Blog Entries

its a pity that the thing that has won is purely on good looks, rather than yours, which confers sonic benefits (and is good to look at (and based on science!).

[Totally irrelevant, but I went to a fancy dress party at University, where loads of students had spent all week making costumes. The first prize went to a guy who hired a gorilla suit. With competitions, I wish the judge/s would stipulate what is being assessed/judged, sometimes we're comparing apples with kangaroo poo].

Well done, all the same, John.
    Last edited by cat's squirrel; 5th December 2012 at 15:16. Reason: finger problems
    cheers.....Bryan

http://qualia.webs.com/

Blog Entries

I think that's a bit mean spirited Bryan. I've never heard the Tiger Paw myself though I know several people who have and several who own one and as someone who's modified quite a few Sondeks in years gone by I know how a well designed top plate can effect a change for the better as can the subchassis that hangs of it ( not quite true I suppose as the sub sits on the springs but you know what I mean) Full marks to John and his product but I'm sure he also realises the relevence of a well designed top plate. I doubt you've heard the Tiger Paw either.
    Si.

Quote Originally Posted by cat's squirrel View Post
    its a pity that the thing that has won is purely on good looks, rather than yours, which confers sonic benefits (and is good to look at (and based on science!).

[Totally irrelevant, but I went to a fancy dress party at University, where loads of students had spent all week making costumes. The first prize went to a guy who hired a gorilla suit. With competitions, I wish the judge/s would stipulate what is being assessed/judged, sometimes we're comparing apples with kangaroo poo].

Well done, all the same, John.

Many thanks Bryan! Despite being a runner up to the worthy Khan I'm dead chuffed to be on the same awards page, no mean feat for the tiny operation that Analogue innovation is. We have to remember it's just me and my missus (who does the accounting) we've come from nowhere, with me just being a previously unheard of audio enthusiast and full time engineer for an international company. TP have at least three individuals involved in the business that I know of, one of them being Derek Jenkins who's a well respected LP12 "guru".

Anyhow, apologies to all for being away so long - been very busy working on the next step which may have been touted a long while back but it's going to be a blinder, you'll all have to wait a while longer before an announcement is made though!

Regards

John R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops54 View Post
    I think that's a bit mean spirited Bryan. I've never heard the Tiger Paw myself though I know several people who have and several who own one and as someone who's modified quite a few Sondeks in years gone by I know how a well designed top plate can effect a change for the better as can the subchassis that hangs of it ( not quite true I suppose as the sub sits on the springs but you know what I mean) Full marks to John and his product but I'm sure he also realises the relevence of a well designed top plate. I doubt you've heard the Tiger Paw either.
    Hello Si.

Cheers m8, but I don't feel Bryan was being mean spirited, remember he has carried out tests on my materials of choice for the Sole and was very pleasantly surprised by the results.

I guess he also reads some of the venom directed at me on certain other forums and was offering his support for which I'm very grateful.

Regards

John R.
    Last edited by John R; 22nd December 2012 at 11:53.

+ Reply to Thread