+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sole in Hi- Fi Choice

Don't tell me, it's a . . . "Lion's Paw" top plate-- same weight as the original saggy stamped out metal one, but made the aI way!

Don't call it a Lion's Paw, though. A Sole Dek? Soul Plate? Nahhhhh. The aI TopHat!

Hmmmm. There's a reason I didn't go into advertising.

Happy Christmas, John, and congratulations on the recognition you're getting for your good work.

Smile

"Anyhow, apologies to all for being away so long - been very busy working on the next step which may have been touted a long while back but it's going to be a blinder, you'll all have to wait a while longer before an announcement is made though!"

Regards

John R

Can`t you give us a hint John?....its Christmas after all.
    Steve1ooo
    LINN LP12/CIRCUS/Sole MK VI /LINGO/ A/O PU7/Audio Ortofon Cadaenza Bronze
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tube Nube View Post
    Don't tell me, it's a . . . "Lion's Paw" top plate-- same weight as the original saggy stamped out metal one, but made the aI way!

Don't call it a Lion's Paw, though. A Sole Dek? Soul Plate? Nahhhhh. The aI TopHat!

Hmmmm. There's a reason I didn't go into advertising.

Happy Christmas, John, and congratulations on the recognition you're getting for your good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1ooo View Post
    "Anyhow, apologies to all for being away so long - been very busy working on the next step which may have been touted a long while back but it's going to be a blinder, you'll all have to wait a while longer before an announcement is made though!"

Regards

John R

Can`t you give us a hint John?....its Christmas after all.

Thanks but steady on guys!

It's too soon to announce exactly what will be included in the kit, save to say it will enable anyone adjust the level/bounce of the platter/sub-chassis/arm assembly with ease - sorry j7 and Linn dealers! Though, given a complete strip down will be necessary to install, some will prefer a dealer do this work. The new kit will also allow virtually any 9" arm to be accommodated with ease!

The completely new sub-chassis will come fully anodised.

This new kit is intended to run alongside the current Ai Sole VI and arm-board but will offer a new route to those who may fancy a different road to audio nirvana, it is hoped the kit will retail for less than some competitive sub-chassis too.

More in due course...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Regards.
    John R.

Well folks, by means of an update to this thread I have decided not go offer the kit I had originally planned at this stage preferring too put his on the back burner for a while simply because I feel it may be a step too far for LP12 owners. So, I have concentrated efforts on Sole VII which will be totally manufactured from top grade ally. I have decided to keep the chassis and arm-board separate items as this offers choice for owners who may wish to try different tone arms without resorting to a change of complete chassis. Bolting the two items together with 3 M4 bolts makes for a very rigid marriage in my experiments anyhow.

I'll very soon be manufacturing the prototype which I feel will be a class winner at my projected price point. Suitable for both pre Cirkus and Cirkus bearings it will be a stunner.

Hoping to have the production version ready for sale late summer circa 700-750 inclusive of arm board of your choice inclusive of VAT and P&P.

Still a few VI's available for potential customers who may feel they can't wait for the latest version.
    Last edited by John R; 31st May 2013 at 06:13.

Blog Entries

cant wait to see the pic

bw
    j7
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

Thanks j7! Pics in due course.

A potential future customer alerted me to what I'd posted in this thread, which frankly I'd completely forgot about updating.

I'd been working on the prospect of offering a "kit" to upgrade the LP12 but eventually reralised it would be a step too far, requiring significant modifications/changes to the TT, so I changed course - employing some of what I was intending for the kit into a more contemporary sub-chassis/arm-board that I feel will grab more attention.

I also intend another small mod which was to form part of the kit, but this will be made available as a separate upgrade.

J.

+ Reply to Thread