+ Reply to Thread

Thread: help loading manual /instructions hope you can help , sony mini disk 530

Default help loading manual /instructions hope you can help , sony mini disk 530

so i am after a helping hand if any one can help , i would be gratefull,

ihave a problem setting up a older mini disk recorder the 530 nodel type R recorder , i dont have a manual , nevr have , and dont understand the recording various funtions , setting tracl levels pree record etc,,

i cannot get a pdf to load on to this box of tricks so prehaps some one can get a copy in a form that home windows 7 can read, or if peeps local to dunfermline have a manual i could get a loan of for a few days,.

i am gogin to try to record a little show i am doing at the week end , and need to look in to the various record settings on the deck ,

i am going to also try recording on to a basic wave recorder as a back up , but the thing has terrible little crappy metering on it , it is a BOSS MICRO STUDIO THING , records in to little 2 gig sd cards a neat little silver mirrored thing about the same size as a small paper back , a good bit smaller .
    thanks for any help

j b

it may not help Ritchie, but if i remember correctly, when recording from an analogue source (mixer in your case) to set level you actually have to be recording, or in record/paused mode, with the recorded signal playing, you then un pause it and start recording, ie best to set your level at the sound check if you have one.

Hi Richie,

If you can confirm that the model is a Sony MDS - JE530, I can send you a downloaded pdf copy of the user manual.

If this is the correct one and you still can't download it, I could priint it off and drop a copy in....

Regards,

G.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

many thanks to my g above, what a gent. lying on the mat when i got home , a full print of the manual ,

thank you very much , i am delighted , it cheered me up , after a crappy day with pen pushers and toss pots.

makes more sence know i got the manual regarding the levels etc and setting things up .

regards

rich .

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    it may not help Ritchie, but if i remember correctly, when recording from an analogue source (mixer in your case) to set level you actually have to be recording, or in record/paused mode, with the recorded signal playing, you then un pause it and start recording, ie best to set your level at the sound check if you have one.
    thank you very much , i was a little foxed re setting level but not getting it going , i have the maual know ,

sound check is a rather grand term for it , i just set it up and taker a look over every know and again , as i am playing as well . ]

i will try backing up a quieter level setting on my little boss thing recording wave file.

oh for the good old days of my fostex 16 track one inch recorder, mind you dont miss carriny the bloody thing around or buying one inch tapes ..

actually , i am trying to embrace new digital 0 and 1's

wish me luck

jb

Glad to hear that the manual was the right one and it helps Richie.

My pleasure.

G.

wullie d20

i gave the proff those disks he will copy em and send them over to you , the classical things, there is also a sort of set up cd, he might copy for you as well , before i get em back ,

not that your sytem needs a set up of course,

regards
    jb

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread