+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New computer....getting BSOD.....help!

Default New computer....getting BSOD.....help!

Just bought a barebones system and added an HDD and DVD writer. Loaded windows 7 home premium 64bit. I am getting a BSOD when I try to boot then the computer boots up as normal after the second try.

I have an external HDD, a USB 2 and a USB 3 card fitted. Other than that the computer is as i got it. I have tried disconnecting the HDD and it still does it. Comp also has a wireless USB stick. I have a spare router. Should i try that?

Incidentally, my old computer did it as well so it must be something external.
    Do to others as you would have them do to you. (Luke 6:31)

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Do you get a bug report?
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.” (Matthew 4:17)

Possible

If you search for "ntoskrnl.exe+7e569 windows 7" you get everything from, "uninstall/reinstall" to "armageddon disc failures"

Here
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Memory or mb chip fault probably, how many ram sticks you got?

Try running with just one installed, then try others.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think i've finally got it sorted. Appears to have been a faulty USB 2 add-on card. The card was out of my old computer and i'm guessing it's gone bad. I had already repaired it a few years ago when i accidentally put a usb plug in upside-down and blew a surface mount component on it. I've got a USB 3 card so i dont really need it anyway.

Problem came back. Phoned the company i bought it from. They analysed the BSOD and said it was a memory fault. Coincidental that removing the card temporarily fixed the problem. Did a memtest and confirmed one of the memory sticks was faulty. They are sending me out a new memory stick. Currently running the computer with one memory stick. Hopefuly thats it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie spaghetti View Post
    Problem came back. Phoned the company i bought it from. They analysed the BSOD and said it was a memory fault. Coincidental that removing the card temporarily fixed the problem. Did a memtest and confirmed one of the memory sticks was faulty. They are sending me out a new memory stick. Currently running the computer with one memory stick. Hopefuly thats it fixed.
    see below posted by yours truly on 17th

Memory or mb chip fault probably, how many ram sticks you got?

Try running with just one installed, then try others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    see below posted by yours truly on 17th
    Ok smart arse

well i am just asking in hear as many of you guys seem to knw a bit about these things, i have just read the above posts !!! not a single word did i understand !

so hear goes is there a easy way to help me to get a bit of video and a couple of sound clips loaded in to my face book , page , yes i have looked at google and tried to load things, and also tried to add via the face book tab , but i think i might have done soemthing inccorect, like all these things its easy when you know how,

i know it is explained but i cannot get it done , so even a simple link would be very usefull , i have succesfully up loaded a picture of me with the little string group cromlits lilt , on to the front of my face book , page,

i am sure a 14 year old can do this , actually i am going to also ask at work to see if a techie can load it for me , but hears the thing i cannot get the bloody video from my computter on to a dvd disk !!!!! i am going round and round with this, i had hoped to put a link on the cromlits lilt site to my page and the video clips , .

regards to you all , .

jb

Upgraded the computer with an SSD. Recommended. Not the latest SATA interface on the motherboard but still about 6 times faster transfer speed than an HDD. Computer starts up in seconds. All me CDs burned on to a hard disk which is gonna be in USB 3 external case soon.

Upgraded the computer with an SSD. Recommended. Not the latest SATA interface on the motherboard but still about 6 times faster transfer speed than an HDD.
    That sounds fabtastic.

Wtf are you banging on aboot ,lol.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

Quote Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
    That sounds fabtastic.

Wtf are you banging on aboot ,lol.
    Solid State Drive. Great wee device. SATA is the disk interface that you connect the drive to. HDD is a Hard disk drive.

UY stands for Up Yours

UY stands for Up Yours
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

+ Reply to Thread