+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Farkin computers!

I decided to put all my music onto a Nas drive it took 2 months to do all was great until a little message box came up saying the drive had a fault so back came the CD's from the loft.I am going to leave well alone.
    Cambridge Audio Azur C640C ,Rotel RA01,Q Acoustics 2020.

What format did you convert to or did you have space to leave them as they were?

I had them in wav but was in the process of converting to flac when it all went belly up.
    I had room as I was doing it via J river and an artist at a time then deleting the wav file.
    Cambridge Audio Azur C640C ,Rotel RA01,Q Acoustics 2020.

The latest computer wierdness - when i log in using Mozilla i get a message at the top of the page telling me to install missing plugins to see all media content. When i comply, the system crashes and wont work at all until i remove the offending plugins. I recon the day i become a technophobe is not far off, i hated computers when i was a lad, gettin that way again!

Quote Originally Posted by davym View Post
    The latest computer wierdness - when i log in using Mozilla i get a message at the top of the page telling me to install missing plugins to see all media content. When i comply, the system crashes and wont work at all until i remove the offending plugins. I recon the day i become a technophobe is not far off, i hated computers when i was a lad, gettin that way again!
    Look at Mozilla help area, there should be an option to disable plug in notifications and also an option to auto update plug ins.

Cheers prof will do, Mozilla is handy for posting album art etc but i've gone back to using Windows/Google for everything else because of this.

after a bit of help in hear guys, so i have it appears some sort of bug or what ever in my computter, yahoo mail it is sending out e maisl to my contacts, with sales offers,, how do i stsrt to get rid of or find what is up ??? i had panda security , but it ran out , long story but i have it seems a trial version of mailwearsomething , but what should i down load, i am sure there are free thigns ou there , .

need a recommendation ,

thank you , failing that i will need to find a reputable company on dunfermline to help me out ,

regards

jb .

Hi Richie,

There are bound to be more people in here that are far more qualified than me, but I've experienced similar problems in the past and resolved them by using this free download: http://www.malwarebytes.org/.

Just open the page and download the freeby, follow the instructions and it will scan your pooter and remove all sorts of unwanted junk.

Even after the 'free' trial period expires, it appears to carry out periodic scans to ensure your pooter is clear of unwanted crap.

Good luck,

G.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Change your email account password, then the bot thingy cant get in to send mails out to everyone in your address book.

+ Reply to Thread