+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tangram

Blog Entries

Default Tangram

Discovered this Hungarian Ambient/Electronic artist via a facebook post from Ultimae artist Solar Fields

http://www.tangr.am/

all his releases are FREE on bandcamp during April. (or pay what you want. I paid something for all the stuff I bought.) I'd describe him as a cross between Solar Fields, late 70's - mid 80's Tangerine Dream and JMJ.

I recommend starting with 'Layers', 'Micropolis' , 'Waning Gibbous' and 'Mos Quataer'

http://music.tangr.am/
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Thanks for the heads up Kenny. I opened the thread thinking TD had reissued their album of the same name.

Blog Entries

there's some good stuff he's done, and with it all being on bandcamp, you can at least have a listen before you commit to buying. Think I paid around 3-4€ for most of the newer stuff, but he's more interested in getting his music heard.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Anyone used the "buy album" link on the tangram web page? If os any problems?

Any ideas what resolutions are available?

This could be my first paid-for download.
    Last edited by uncl_nigel; 22nd April 2013 at 22:25.
    As many concerts as I can afford, preferably abroad.

Blog Entries

I've paid for most of his stuff, via the links. I'm currently using Kubuntu 12.04 on this machine, and the downloads usually are a zip file.
    The choices for format are FLAC, 320Kb CBR mp3, VBR mp3, Ogg. I think it's all 16 bit resolution though.

As I type this, I'm playing 'Flow' which I'm enjoying immensely.

+ Reply to Thread