+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sole VII available now @ 650.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Great looking piece of kit John and at an affordable price for most. I know very little about the Linn Forum but don't take any notice of inane and unqualified comments.

Good to see the Prof getting his crayons out too.
    Thanks for your comments TIU really appreciated.

The Linn forum is generally OK apart from a few prejudiced partisans who like partaking in childish name calling and ad hominem, rather than meaningful discussion on a products merit because they are incapable - borne out by the fact "Dealer' has to do every thing for them -- very much like a spoon fed child - sad to see grown ups being so helpless.

Kind redgards

John R.
    Last edited by John R; 30th October 2013 at 08:24.

Quote Originally Posted by John R View Post
    Oh so you perhaps wanted a VII arm board for your VI? I'll have to see what I can do.

Kind regards

John R.
    Might just be interested myself if that is an option John.
    Steve1ooo
    LINN LP12/CIRCUS/Sole MK VI /LINGO/ A/O PU7/Audio Ortofon Cadaenza Bronze
    Trichord Diablo+NCPS, Icon Audio stereo 40 MK 111 , Acoustic Energy radiance two.

Quote Originally Posted by steve1ooo View Post
    Might just be interested myself if that is an option John.
    I'll look into it Steve - there may be a market for it...

Kind regards

John R
    Last edited by John R; 15th October 2013 at 23:02.

John,

What sparked my interest were your earlier comments about the significance of the degree of tightness in fixing the arm board to various incarnations of the sole sub-chassis. I wanted to know if there were audible benefits to be gained from re-torqueing my Mk VI chassis/arm board and you kindly explained why much care needed to be taken should I start playing around with this setting.

Based on your explanation as to why the Mk VI arm board needed to be treated with some care, my question about the Mk VII arm board was one of mild curiosity but in my view, was only something to be considered if there were audible improvements to be had....?

Perhaps Steve1000 is thinking along similar lines to me but whatever, I would only spend time looking into this should any preliminary investigations suggest a step forward in sound quality.

I will watch any further developments with interest.

Thanks again

John,
    With regard to torque, and said force, do you have any recommendations for actual torque settings, I have at my disposal micro-torque drivers that will allow me to apply anything from 5 Lbs/in up to 35 Lbs/in of torque to a screw head …

Anxiously looking forward to the arrival of mine.
    LP12 Ittok VII - Rega Exact - Hercules - Quad-44 - Quad FM-4 - Quad-II's - Arcam Alpha Gen 1 Klipch Corner Horns with Crites Crossovers and Tweeters

No need to worry thx. it comes pre fitted, but for the record they'll be set to 1.6 Nm or 14.2 lbs force-inch.

Won't be long now and you'll be a very happy bunny!

+ Reply to Thread