+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: HiDeHi

  1. #1

    Talking HiDeHi

    Hello folks,

    I'm new here...
    Have to look around around before posting and hopefully get to know the members here.

    I was looking for a TT motor for a project (that will take it's time) wich led me to j7 who led me here (and will supply the motor)

    btw, I learned English from a book and Hollywood movies so don't judge me on the language.
    (I barely understand what I write)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneyedK View Post
    btw, I learned English from a book and Hollywood movies so don't judge me on the language.
    (I barely understand what I write)
    Ach , dont worry about being judged we aint like that on here. You will be learning a new language anyhoo .
    So get stuck in .
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,915
    Rep Power
    40382550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneyedK View Post
    Hello folks,

    I'm new here...
    Have to look around around before posting and hopefully get to know the members here.

    I was looking for a TT motor for a project (that will take it's time) wich led me to j7 who led me here (and will supply the motor)

    btw, I learned English from a book and Hollywood movies so don't judge me on the language.
    (I barely understand what I write)
    Hi K don't worry about language on here, half the members are senile, and the other half are drunk, we speak a mixture of Brumlish, Wegelish, with a smattering of Ulsterish, if all else fails we use pictures or sign language.

    If no one answers your post quickly we aren't ignoring you, it's probably because their nurse is giving them a bed bath, or they are off to see their dealer, they will however answer once they regain focus on their keyboards. You'll fit right in.

  4. #4

    Default

    Thanks, very encouraging

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The padded cell.
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    3389534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneyedK View Post
    Thanks, very encouraging
    'hic'. . . you're welcum...!!!

    I mean: "welcome to our wee forum". . . .hic!!
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,100
    Rep Power
    1792664

    Default

    Hi K, where are you in the world?
    We all speak English apart from KB1, who has his own language.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Honest Toun, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,651
    Rep Power
    246622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    We all speak English apart from me. I have my own language.
    Fixed for you!
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642869

    Default

    Elitist scum vinyl owner

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,100
    Rep Power
    1792664

    Default

    Good that Keefy, I hadn't heard some of those words. I won't be able to view YouTube soon, my browser won't be supported.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I won't be able to view YouTube soon, my browser won't be supported.
    How come ? , this browser mullarky me no understandy.

    Back on the Black Cnutry Vid , I thought that mateys accent was mild and 'stripey oss' was a new one on me. I've been away from there for nigh on 25yrs thank feck. Occasionaly I speak with my Aunt on the blower ( who actually lives in Galashiels now) and I really have to concentrate so as to understand wtf she is going on about. She texts in slang anaw ,lol.
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,100
    Rep Power
    1792664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KB1 View Post
    How come ? , this browser mullarky me no understandy.
    I get a lot of warnings about the Firefox browser being out of date and some sites wont display at all. It's because I have an older G4 mac with architecture that is no longer supported. Something to do with Apple's relationship with Flash as well. I can't upgrade Firefox any higher so unless I buy one of the newer macs with the Intel processor I'm f&cked.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642869

    Default

    Ah I see. Spose Google Chrome is a no no too then. I got shot of firefox a while ago cos it was giving me gyp on other forums and stuff.

    If you are looking in OneyedK , welcome to a thread hi jack
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Next door to the Clangers
    Posts
    11,915
    Rep Power
    40382550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I get a lot of warnings about the Firefox browser being out of date and some sites wont display at all. It's because I have an older G4 mac with architecture that is no longer supported. Something to do with Apple's relationship with Flash as well. I can't upgrade Firefox any higher so unless I buy one of the newer macs with the Intel processor I'm f&cked.
    There are other free browsers, what about Safari, is it not the same?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    scotland, , United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,822
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    351396

    Default

    hi m8

    you will fit in here well !!!
    bw
    j7
    www.audioorigami.co.uk

    And visit my face book page--- check out Audio Origami

    http://www.facebook.com/AudioOrigamiTonearms

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    7,910
    Rep Power
    209994

    Default

    Welcome K. As Prof says we are either senile or drunk (although i rarely drink so i must be the former ).

    Glad to have you here.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Hi K, where are you in the world?
    In Mechelen, Belgium...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    11,100
    Rep Power
    1792664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    There are other free browsers, what about Safari, is it not the same?
    Just tried Safari and I don't get the same warning on YouTube so I'll have to switch to that. There was a reason I went to Firefox but can't remember it now.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Shit Creek Sans Paddle.
    Posts
    4,172
    Rep Power
    1642869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    Just tried Safari and I don't get the same warning on YouTube so I'll have to switch to that. There was a reason I went to Firefox but can't remember it now.
    It obliterated your history on shutdown . You need remember to do it manually on Chrome
    Elitist scum vinyl owner

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts