+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2a3PSE

Blog Entries

Well I've got some holes drilled today. I discovered that the lug for the pot was in the wrong place, meaning that the solder pins were at the wrong side of the pot for easy access of the wires. so I've drilled another hole to orientate the pot with the pins in a more useful position. I've also drilled access holes for the wires or fibre optic to go through. A whole wheen of bits arrived today, including a very impressive looking metre of Van Damme multicore, so at last I can start soldering up the signal wiring. I *think* I have all the resistors and capacitors now as well so it's all systems go. or at least it would be if I had some spare time! I thought I was off tomorrow. Well I am from the cinema and I've arranged to go and look at some cabins in Fife for the garden workshop in the morning... and I've just had a phone call from my third job offering me a shift tomorrow night so, like the hours-whore I am I agreed!
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Wheen, there's a good Scottish word I'd never heard of before. What's the third job Kenny?

Blog Entries

third job is a casual theatre technician; sound. lights. that sort of thing. although tonight I'm helping the caretaking staff.
    "It's ok your comments are noted, so if you want a war you've got one. Watch your back, ya !!!!...." in an email from Marco 3/4/09

Did you get it working yet Kenny?

Blog Entries

Not had a chance, too many balls to keep in the air, as it were. I don't have anywhere I can do any work on it so it sits in the corner. If I had some sort of workbench it'd be on that and I'd be forced to attack it with a soldering iron...

That's a shame Kenny, you were well on with getting all the parts together. Kitchen worktops are quite good but domestic bliss aint guaranteed. I used the lad's old bed as a work bench, not ideal but it served the purpose. I've called a halt to the diy too (for now anyway) cos i cant realistically better the last mono blocks and pre/buffer stage I built. I still cant believe just how good they are to be honest so all I've done is change the DCB1 buffers signal wires for silver coated copper and fitted a miniature DACT volume pot and a dual pole selector switch so it now switches over the feed and return on both channels. It meant I could do away with the extra passive pre. I got a small gain in S/Q but an even lower noise floor so worth doing.
    Last edited by davym; 2nd June 2014 at 02:46.

Blog Entries

I'll get back on it at some point soon. got a number of things going on at the moment. but hopefully my work arrangements will take a turn for something more normal soon and I'll have some time to do stuff again.

+ Reply to Thread