+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mains filtering and A class amps

Default Mains filtering and A class amps

I read somewhere that a lot of these mains filtering power conditioners affect A class amps working properly is this true ? .....
    I use a Russ Andrew silencer block not because i think they work or sound much better but more because they a solid well made mains extension block ......but its concerning me that they may be affecting my A class Sugden amp
    any thoughts anyone

Don't know Paul but the best way to check is to put it in and out of circuit and see if there is any difference in sound for the worse with it in.

Paul open up the RA silencer, and you'll see theee is bugger all to worry you, pretty much a star earth arrangement and a couple of resistors, given the price charged it's a bit cheeky, but it will do your amps sound no harm whatsoever. All IMHO.

Ps if you are still concerned, run the sugden from the wall socket and everything else from the block, it'll cost you nothing but a few seconds on your knees.

Paul,Ed yeah i just have been plugging it in the wall it seems to be a little less dynamic with the RA wattgate lead and Block ....... but saying that it's probably all in my head

+ Reply to Thread