+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters - Part 2

Default Roger Waters - Part 2

Whilst discovering the delay in the release of Amused To Death, I made a couple of constructive suggestions to Tim at What Records regarding the use of his site, namely:

When browsing your site for vinyl products (for nothing particularly specific) there are 245 pages to work through. However, this is a large volume of products to scan in one session with no way of returning to a specific page if one leaves the site after a spell, unless you can advise otherwise? Alternatively, it would be extremely beneficial if there was a facility to select a specific page when returning to your site.

It is also not possible within your site to determine what orders are liable to be delivered immediately as, apart from some indicated as “out of stock”, there appears to be no guarantee that others listed are actually in stock. Unfortunately, this not only frustrates some of your customers, but affords you the (sometimes undeservedly) title of “Eventually Records?”…(noted from music / hi-fi forums)..as customers wait a considerable time for their goods to be delivered. Subsequently, it would also be advantageous to be able to determine exactly which items are in stock, rather than ordering ‘at risk’.

Having then received confirmation of the expected delivery date of ATD, I made a further comment regarding What Records payment process:

Although I appreciate (and sympathise) with circumstances that are beyond your control regarding the issue of remastered albums and re-issues, there IS something you can do that will retain customer confidence in you as a retailer:

Do not charge our accounts until the goods are ready for despatch! (like a number of other sellers I deal with).

Despite your site probably having a misprint (?), which I discovered last night, you still have my money for six months in this particular case before I have the possibility of receiving my goods. . . . and from previous experience even April cannot probably be guaranteed…!!

However, to date I have had no reply whatsoever from Tim at What Records, so it appears that he has little interest in his customers, so long as payment is paid at the time of ordering!!

Having previously had no complaints with What Records (despite some orders taking some time to be delivered), am I being unreasonable, or do others who deal with them have gripes of a similar nature? This most recent experience has left me feeling that my hard earned cash can go elsewhere in the future, knowing my account will be not be charged until the time my order is actually ready to be despatched.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

I haven't used them.

In total agreement with you, I would not be too happy about someone taking my cash and holding on to it until they may or may not find a copy of the thing you've ordered.

The web site sounds a bit like the Elusive Disc one, the browsing is a disaster.

Euan.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Amazon.co.uk

Ordered a record on Tuesday night, arrived Wednesday, if you pre order they don't charge until it's in, if the price changes in between pre order and despatch you pay the lower price, ie if price rises you pay pre order price, if price drops you pay the new lower price. I'm all for supporting the little guy...but...FWIW if you don't hear from Tim in another couple of days, cancel your order and vote with your feet, you can buy the record elsewhere once it's released.

It seems that What Records is reluctant to reimburse pre-order payment that he has now been in possession of for nearly four months!!!

Subsequent to reading that the album has been delayed yet again, I requested cancellation of my order and a full refund. It has taken another week to receive the following reply:

"Not been advised that its moved yet. As soon as I get confirmation will do", despite the Analogue Productions own website declaring:

Amused To Death.JPG

I'm seriously "NOT Amused to Death"..... and will not be using What Records again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    It seems that What Records is reluctant to reimburse pre-order payment that he has now been in possession of for nearly four months!!!

Subsequent to reading that the album has been delayed yet again, I requested cancellation of my order and a full refund. It has taken another week to receive the following reply:

"Not been advised that its moved yet. As soon as I get confirmation will do", despite the Analogue Productions own website declaring

Attachment 7805

I'm seriously "NOT Amused to Death"..... and will not be using What Records again in the future.
    Oops! Not good mate.

I think this will go OOP very quickly because of the high number of pre-orders building all the time. Might be difficult to buy at the RRP shortly after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I think this will go OOP very quickly because of the high number of pre-orders building all the time. Might be difficult to buy at the RRP shortly after its release.
    Nah....they'll print bazillions of them.....love the album but I'm past freaking out over re releases these days....If I spot it I might pick it up.

You'd need a big bank balance to keep up with all the anniversary re-releases and special editions. This is one album that should benefit from the audiophile vinyl treatment. Most have only heard it on CD (and are impressed) and it was only another Waters solo album so didn't buy it on vinyl.

You'd need a big bank balance to keep up with all the anniversary re-releases and special editions. This is one album that should benefit from the audiophile vinyl treatment. Most have only heard it on CD (and are impressed) and it was only another Waters solo album so didn't buy it on vinyl.
    There's nowt wrong with the original pressing. I can vouch for that.

Watch out for this CBS unofficial pressing. They sell for around £40 - £50 and according to discogs, sound more mono than stereo Q-sound. The official release is on the Columbia label and some are listed at over £800!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roger-Wate...3D161239899154
    Last edited by TIU; 15th March 2014 at 18:34.

Wait to Death? Still no arrival date. I paid for this on 22 December 2013!
    Last edited by TIU; 9th January 2015 at 14:53.

Still no arrival date. I can't remember when I paid for this now.
    You probably paid for it so long ago it was in shillings and farthings

oops. you got there first.

Yep, 10 bob this cost me, a month's wages and where is it?

I can't find an email about the preorder from what records so thought it best to log onto the site.

Weirdly, a search on Analogue Productions and Acoustic Sounds sites comes up with nothing found yet the info was there before. What is going on with this?

Weirdly, a search on Analogue Productions and Acoustic Sounds sites comes up with nothing found yet the info was there before. What is going on with this?
    Ah, I'm so glad I received a refund for this one.... I think I've found the answer to your question...... (has he still got your money?) . . .

Amused T Death.JPG . . . . 2025!!!!!

A misprint.....?? Or just NOT good news?

That's been there for a while and is obviously a joke. Maybe Analogue Productions have taken it off their site because the pre-orders have reached a certain amount, or they are now working on the album and don't want any more orders. I will have to send them another message.

Had this reply from Acoustic Sounds. Looks like things are progressing.

Thank you for your interest in the Roger Waters Amused to Death. Very shortly we will be updating our information on the website in regards to this. Thank you for your interest and patience.

It mentions Columbia/Legacy so would that be via Analogue Productions? Acoustic Sounds told me they have removed their info to update it so an announcement is imminent.

We are changing the details and description regarding this product. More up-to-date news should be coming within the next few weeks!

I'm looking forward to it though I'm sure as hell not forking out a fortune for it. If it's a pile of cash they can go swing and I'll DL an illegal copy for badness. (I do have a couple of CD copies here that I paid for just in case you get cross)

+ Reply to Thread