+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters - Part 2

Already paid What Records for it. That's not a gloat btw, it's a pity everyone seems to have removed their pre-order option.

I've had this on pre-order with Amazon for a while, no release date yet. At least they don't take the money until it's been sent.

It's a wonderful album, however I think I'd probably prefer an audiophile SACD as I think the album needs to be heard without interruption.

I have the original CD release, it's a killer record the only thing I dislike is Jeff Beck's guitar on What God Wants Part 1 as it sounds very harsh, Waters' could have benefited from Gilmour here.

It's coming out on SACD too. The info was on Analogue Productions website but they've removed it to update it.

About time. There are three versions of the vinyl release on Amazon. Two from Columbia at 37.99 - one is a 2LP picture disc and the other 2LP black vinyl. The other listing is from Analogue Productions and it's 65.30. I hope it's the latter I'll be receiving from What Records. His listing states 'Out of stock.'
    Attached Images
    Last edited by TIU; 28th April 2015 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    I hope it's the latter I'll be receiving from What Records. His listing states 'Out of stock.'
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . .. . . It must be something like TWO YEARS since he took your fifty quid, so the interest he's gained should cover any increase in price. . . . .

Aye good luck Gary.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Have you got it on pre-order Gordon? Looks like I bought it at a good price.

Have you got it on pre-order Gordon? Looks like I bought it at a good price.
    I had it on pre-order, but gave up after many months of waiting. I wouldn't have minded if it was on order from Amazon or my usual vinyl supplier, who don't take the money until the order is ready for despatch, but Tim at WR takes you cash at time of order. It took ME to point out that APs own website stated a further delay before he agreed to refund my cash.

I had, at the time, pointed out a few anomalies / improvements that could be made to his site, but was totally ignored, so rather than ploughing through 700 odd pages of albums (when I just wanted to browse), as opposed to being able to go back to a previous page, rather than start again every time (!!), the fact that you can't tell what's in stock or not (or the subsequent waiting time for stuff that wasn't in stock), and the fact that he could easily just take a deposit until the goods were ready for despatch made an overall poor impression of his business acumen, so I haven't used WR since. (rant over).

Theoretically you should have bought the genuine article for a good price (when it does eventually arrive). I hope it'll have been worth the wait.

I remember you saying all this previously. My order with What Records is definitely for the Analogue Productions release. The Columbia reissues are new on the scene. Why the Amazon price is 65.30 beats me. There's something amiss if you have to pay more for a long delay completely out of your control. You could always pre-order the Columbia reissue at 38 quid but don't go for the picture discs, the vinyl will wear very quickly.
    Last edited by TIU; 29th April 2015 at 19:08.

Gordon, you can order it from Diverse Vinyl for 38.00 but although the description mentions Analogue Productions and QRP, it states Sony Music as the label (which is Columbia). The other vinyl listing is for the picture disc so I reckon they are both the Columbia releases.
    Last edited by TIU; 2nd May 2015 at 18:02.

Amazon too, 37.99 and free delivery if you have prime.

Yes but with Amazon they are clearly by Columbia, not Analogue Productions. They have a separate listing for that.

Yes but with Amazon they are clearly by Columbia, not Analogue Productions. They have a separate listing for that.
    So what's the difference, and how will we know if none have been manufactured yet? (Genuine question)

Paul, did you see my post no. 24? The release by Analogue Productions is coming out in July. The Sony (Columbia) issues are new on the scene.

Not sure but Tim at What Records told me he would be listing the other pressings too, so I presume Sony Music (Columbia) are jumping on the bandwagon and releasing their own reissues. Whether they will be in Q Sound I don't know. Also, no one knows if the AP release will be in Q Sound. It's been remastered by James Guthrie, that's all we know. A similar thing happened with the Rumours anniversary reissues. There's a standard remaster and a super-dooper one by AP and Quality Record Pressings.

There must be some reason why this has been delayed for over two years. I know Analogue Productions are known for not rushing things but I reckon there has been some legal or licensing issues between Sony Music (the copyright owners) and Analogue Productions. Sony probably felt like they would miss out on such a huge reissue as Pink Floyd (and related artists) sells in huge numbers all over the world.
    Last edited by TIU; 2nd May 2015 at 18:32.

What Records now has it back on sale at 49.99. And the two other releases by Columbia/Legacy. They all state pressed by Quality Record Pressings. I'm confused now.

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58361.htm

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/65991.htm

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/65992.htm
    Last edited by TIU; 2nd May 2015 at 18:48.

Gordon, you can order it from Diverse Vinyl for 38.00 but although the description mentions Analogue Productions and QRP, it states Sony Music as the label (which is Columbia). The other vinyl listing is for the picture disc so I reckon they are both the Columbia releases.
    I lost interest in this about two centuries ago!!! I'm a pensioner now, so I'm entitled to be a GOM. And. . . . yet another aspect of the contemporary record industry that just pisses me off. A TWO YEAR wait for a re-issue that was advertised SO LONG AGO. . . WTF? (regardless of whether it's good or not, or whether it's worth the wait , or not, or whatever the politics may have been that got in the way!!..??). I've got music here to listen to NOW.

It'll most likely end up like the Rumours double 45rpm album that was supposed to be a VERY limited run and highly collectible, as well as being a superlative remaster / pressing. Funny ol' fing ... you can still get that album brand new without any problem!!! . .

I don't believe it!

What Records now has it back on sale at 49.99. And the two other releases by Columbia/Legacy. They all state pressed by Quality Record Pressings. I'm confused now.
    Hardly surprising...!!!!

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"
    You know YOU DO. . . . really

I own a few 'remastered' albums on the Columbia label and I don't think I have any criticism of them at all. It would be very interesting to hear ATD on both the APs and the Columbia labels played back to back on the same system to determine if any differences exist. I must confess, using the Rumours album as an example, that I find it virtually impossible to detect ANY differences between the 45rpm and the 33rpm versions, as even the 45rpm version does not come close to some other vinyl I own as far as pressing quality goes. And that includes some pretty old original stuff that just happens to have been produced and pressed to an obviously high standard.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the Amazon pre-order offer of the APs version, now priced at 65.30 was originally advertised at a cheaper price? If this is going to be the standard price for the AP version, What Records will have a rather large feather in their cap if they supply pre-orders at their price of 50.

You're still trying to convince yourself you're not bothered but you really really want this lol.

I don't recall seeing any Amazon listing previously. Not sure what they are playing at with this. They have the AP issue down as 1 disc and the other two as 2 discs.
    Last edited by TIU; 3rd May 2015 at 14:31.

You're still trying to convince yourself you're not bothered but you really really want this lol.
    LOL. yep, that's me all over. I'm always happy to buy / try stuff, but it's all the crap that I can't be doing with.

I'm not familiar with this album at all and I personally don't rate The Final Cut like some do, so it's a bit of an unknown quantity. Probably better to buy the cheap CD and try it first?

+ Reply to Thread