+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bose Soundlink II

Default Bose Soundlink II

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/home-and...le-speaker-ii/

Just got one of these, to use in kitchen mainly, but also to take out onto patio, use in bedroom etc, even on holiday, can feed it wired signal from computer, CD player etc, or use Bluetooth with lappy, phone etc.

I'll mostly have it connected to one of the iMacs, but I'm playing Bluetooth from ipad at the moment, streaming Roy harper's new album from amazon's soundcloud, it sounds way better than it has any right to, and it's portable and mains or rechargeable battery. They have an even smaller one and that sounds great too, delighted I am, and recommended.

Friend of mine has a the Sonus equivalent. The cost is about the same too.

However, this looks like a much more compact solution.
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

I considered the Sonos Play 3 as they are also throwing in the Sonos bridge thing to connect direct to your router, Two reasons I didn't, one the Sonos is a wireless only solution, really meant for house, and comes into it's own with more than one unit, for similar I can use Apple Airport Express to an amp or small active speakers, even to the Bose, the Sonos also requires power, and I think the Bpse sounds better for casual listening, mainly because it's processed, the bass at low volumes is very nice and warm, OK not the last word in fidelity, but not tinny sounding like so many others. The other plus for me with the Bose was to be able to use it anywhere, devoid of networks etc, so out in Garden, on holiday etc.

+ Reply to Thread