+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

Thread: The post any subject for when there isn't a thread thread

If you occasionally have to press in a bass/mid driver to get it working normally, what would that fault be? With the driver itself or somewhere else?

Damn they're fugly!

Quote Originally Posted by TIU View Post
    20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon

Euan's next speakers
    You really need to find something else to occupy your time.......

If you occasionally have to press in a bass/mid driver to get it working normally, what would that fault be? With the driver itself or somewhere else?
    Does the voice-coil just 'stick' and you free it by giving it a gentle nudge, or is there distortion when you're playing stuff too?

It sounds as if there's damage to the voice-coil causing it to jam instead of moving freely back and forth as it's designed to do. When you press it can you feel any resistance or 'rubbing'?

Any voice-coil that's working properly should move freely back and forth if you gently press the dust cap when there's no signal present, like a well lubricated piston.
    You can only be young once, but you can be immature for ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by WullieD20 View Post
    You really need to find something else to occupy your time.......
    I have plenty to get on with Gordon. I see late evening spells on the interweb a break from 'normal' work. Can be entertaining too.

The speakers are asked about are not mine. It seems the driver plays fine once it gets going but just occasionally needs a push to get pumping. From what you said it could do with being replaced.

Just watching a reasonable pair of speakers and have come across an ebay bug bear of mine - the seller wants to pass on his ebay seller fee to the buyer (and, no doubt, his paypal fee if paypal is used) and has quoted over 17.00 just for packaging 50 used speakers. If you reach a potential worldwide audience to sell something, why should the buyer pay the seller fees?

+ Reply to Thread